• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    Does anyone in the Indianapolis area sell black powder any more? I'm talking REAL black powder not Pyrodex or any of that stuff. I'm looking for double and triple F. Getting hard to find any one who sells the stuff...

msuspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    Ion,
    The reason is in-lines are 'sexier' than traditional rifles and pellets are cheaper to store.
    Gregg,
    You can get 2F at Track of the Wolf but you have to buy #25 min at $15.62(?) a pound. Or Gander can order it for you, I think. Or go to Friendship for the fall shoot and buy it there. And shop around for goodies too ;-)

msuspartan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    singlesix is correct in that.:thumbsup:
    Here is something else to consider.
    Just as an FYI, you can only purchase 50# at one time.
    IF you try to buy more, the ATF or FBI may and most likely will visit you.
    I know of this first hand (have been visited before:D)and if you are caught with more than 50# at your house it will be a fine, and interrogation and maybe a charge or worse against you.
    Not trying to scare you but it IS an explosive and because I am with a BP club we buy at bulk but divide it up with our members as not to be out of the Law.
    Just something to think about.
    Oh and another tidbit....don't keep it in your furnace room or where a spark, static or smoking can occur. This is NOT cordite, it WILL blow up and if you are next to it....well, I may see you later upstairs in the BIGMAN's waiting room.....
    :soapbox:

Top Bottom