• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    Ok, so I am pretty new to the gun world but my wife and I are no stranger to frugality, and I was just wondering if LGS's typically held day after thanksgiving sales. I have the week off and my birthday is the monday before thanksgiving which is also wen I get a bonus check from work.... All these things seem to be culminating into me getting in to some trouble lol. So how bout it? I know places like GM and dicks sporting goods and dunhams run specials but I am typically unimpressed with their prices and I think black friday wil likely be par for the course.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Black Friday is when I seem to find the best deals on accessories I need versus actual guns. Last year, I picked up a new gun safe at Dunham's that was normally $1200 for just over $700. If you use Google, there are websites out there that will post Black Friday ads from different stores once they are published. In fact, I need to start checking myself. Good luck on finding that ever elusive bargain firearm you're drooling over.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    not sure how far you want to venture out ! but i have seen bass pro shops Black friday ad and always wished they were closer! Rural king the last couple years had decent prices on acc.

Last edited:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    IMO the best deal last year for those who got it was the Troy 5.56 Carbine for $799 from Dicks before they caved to pressure and pulled all their rifles from the shelves.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Midway USA typically has a week of great deals. I got a really nice shooting mat for the price of their average shooting mat last year.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I know ZX guns in Gosen and Ft Wayne run specials all the time. I would keep an eye out on their website for onfo or call and ask if they are planning any. Midwest might also run some sort of special if you don't mind a trip[ up north.

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    I know ZX guns in Gosen and Ft Wayne run specials all the time. I would keep an eye out on their website for onfo or call and ask if they are planning any. Midwest might also run some sort of special if you don't mind a trip[ up north.

Where is midwest?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I make a lot of purchases at "Black Friday" sales online, sitting in my office chair. If you follow the sales closely, you'll find that they run all through the holiday season. I'm not sure that anymore there are local sales that justify the gas, travel and hassle of fighting crowds on Black Friday. YMMV :dunno:

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Remember though that if you make the leap from in-store to online that online retailers' big holiday sales day is Cyber Monday, the Monday following the Thanksgiving weekend. Just food for thought.

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    Remember though that if you make the leap from in-store to online that online retailers' big holiday sales day is Cyber Monday, the Monday following the Thanksgiving weekend. Just food for thought.

I never thought about that but you are probably right! A little bit of a gamble waiting for mondays specials though huh?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Not necessarily true. I was actually able to buy a couple of things this last year online before stores opened on Black Friday. There are no hard rules on this, so it is a case-by-case basis. I was able to buy items online after midnight on Black Friday before the store even opened and have it ready for pickup when I decided to saunter in after the crowds.

bigtank1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2013
    United States
    If I remember correctly, Midway USA had good sales all Thanksgiving week through cyber monday last year. They had different items on sale each day. I picked up some pretty good deals.

Top Bottom