• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Get the a Windows ISO from Microsoft

Boot from it and it will walk you through the process of clearing the drive and re-installing Windows. Bonus, it will be completely clear of any Lenovo pre-installed things. You'll have to get any missing drivers from Lenovo support.
    I tried this but maybe I did it wrong.
    Went to that windows web page and started the download. It download windows 10 and then while still in windows 10 (ie I'm on thr desltop) it started to reinstall the OS.

Did all that and sure I have win10 again minus the Lenovo stuff that usual comes with.

Turned off machine did the reset button and same results as above. Still bitlocker. Cause I never got an option to nuke the drive/partition.

I liked the bios world better as I knew that stuff. :)

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I tried this but maybe I did it wrong.
    Went to that windows web page and started the download. It download windows 10 and then while still in windows 10 (ie I'm on thr desltop) it started to reinstall the OS.

Did all that and sure I have win10 again minus the Lenovo stuff that usual comes with.

Turned off machine did the reset button and same results as above. Still bitlocker. Cause I never got an option to nuke the drive/partition.

I liked the bios world better as I knew that stuff. :)
    Did it create a USB boot media? You want to boot from a USB drive. You should end up at a screen like this:
    img_59418f5ad2435.png

img_542c294a4e752.png

then do a custom install
    installing-windows-10.jpg

Finally at this screen, delete all the partitions so it says something like Drive 0 unpartitioned space (I don't remember the exact wording) Then click next and the install media will re-create everything.
    976b8189-cd89-4f13-89c4-04f9f8f2b622

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Did it create a USB boot media? You want to boot from a USB drive. You should end up at a screen like this:
    img_59418f5ad2435.png

img_542c294a4e752.png

then do a custom install
    installing-windows-10.jpg

Finally at this screen, delete all the partitions so it says something like Drive 0 unpartitioned space (I don't remember the exact wording) Then click next and the install media will re-create everything.
    976b8189-cd89-4f13-89c4-04f9f8f2b622
    I did not get any of these screens.
    Hum... wonder what the heck I downloaded then.

Now it's just :xmad: me to get rid of it even though I do have a workaround for it it seems.

But let me try again.
    Are you use it's that link in the post above?

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart

Now it's just :xmad: me to get rid of it even though I do have a workaround for it it seems.

But let me try again.
    Don't send any email, text or aynthing else to @jedi. He's a spy.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

But let me try again.
    So just to be sure, you used the Download button, opened the Media Creation tool, and selected the option to create installation media right? If so you should be able to boot the laptop from that USB drive (Probably have to find the button combination to change the boot drive) which should land you at the screens above.

1678369754917.png

Top Bottom