• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I dunno. Sounds like something worth knowing, though. Indiucky also liked the hat. I'm guessing he's 7 1/4 if he can be a hat buddy, too.

You are the freaking Sherlock Holmes of Indiana detectives...Dead on...And yes I do like that hat.....

You do realize that if you did not compile all of those stats in your head increasing your hat size by a 1/4 you would now be the proud owner of a vintage Stetson Royal Deluxe???

:)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You are the freaking Sherlock Holmes of Indiana detectives...Dead on...And yes I do like that hat.....

You do realize that if you did not compile all of those stats in your head increasing your hat size by a 1/4 you would now be the proud owner of a vintage Stetson Royal Deluxe???

:)

I know, I know. That's a bad arse hat, too. Think how big my hats had to be back when I had hair.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I know, I know. That's a bad arse hat, too. Think how big my hats had to be back when I had hair.

Like this???

_47744527_jex_677223_de15-1.jpg

BBI's mugshot from back in the day....

HAT-LOVER-ARRESTED.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Heathen.

If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.
    We don't have any of that around here, not even trash. I would have to drive 2-3 hours to find a hipster.

Fedora while grouse hunting...........even the bears would laugh at me.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Ok. You stat mongers have finally convinced me to stop sasquatch hunting with my Judge loaded with birdshot. I've decided to sell part of my baseball card collection and buy and start using this round for big game hunting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bLonprIWm4

It's still not the best round for "big game" from a pistol (lack of penetration), even if you assume the marginal rifling in a Judge will allow you to reliably hit your target. Even ShootingTheBull410 has shown this.

[video=youtube;H2KhI7aHLqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2KhI7aHLqU[/video]

So, again, why not use a standard S&W/Ruger/Taurus in 454/460/500 that have proven to take "big game?" The only thing you give up is the ability to shoot .410, and you gain accuracy (appropriate, purpose-driven rifling) and a (relatively speaking) smaller form factor.

I'm sure you enjoy your Judge, and I had a big grin after shooting one at paper and inanimate objects. But I've seen nothing that moves a Judge out of the realm of fun and into the realm of... well, anything other than fun.

And I have nothing against fun guns; IMO my Ruger Alaskan .44mag falls into the "fun" category. While I wouldn't want to be shot with it (or a Judge), it's the last of my firearms I'd pick up for self defense or hunting. The loss of velocity from its short barrel work against it as a serious hunting tool, and it's recoil makes it less than optimal in a self defense role... two of the issues that also make most Judge's less than optimal. I'm not familiar with the "Giant" .454 Casull Judge, but it appears to solve the barrel length issue; does it have the same compromise(d) rifling as the shorter Judge(s)?

I'm beginning to think that you're ShootingTheBull410. :):

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    It's still not the best round for "big game" from a pistol (lack of penetration), even if you assume the marginal rifling in a Judge will allow you to reliably hit your target. Even ShootingTheBull410 has shown this.

[video=youtube;H2KhI7aHLqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2KhI7aHLqU[/video]

So, again, why not use a standard S&W/Ruger/Taurus in 454/460/500 that have proven to take "big game?" The only thing you give up is the ability to shoot .410, and you gain accuracy (appropriate, purpose-driven rifling) and a (relatively speaking) smaller form factor.

I'm sure you enjoy your Judge, and I had a big grin after shooting one at paper and inanimate objects. But I've seen nothing that moves a Judge out of the realm of fun and into the realm of... well, anything other than fun.

And I have nothing against fun guns; IMO my Ruger Alaskan .44mag falls into the "fun" category. While I wouldn't want to be shot with it (or a Judge), it's the last of my firearms I'd pick up for self defense or hunting. The loss of velocity from its short barrel work against it as a serious hunting tool, and it's recoil makes it less than optimal in a self defense role... two of the issues that also make most Judge's less than optimal. I'm not familiar with the "Giant" .454 Casull Judge, but it appears to solve the barrel length issue; does it have the same compromise(d) rifling as the shorter Judge(s)?

I'm beginning to think that you're ShootingTheBull410. :):

All good points to consider. Thing is the only big game I'd be using my Judge on would be the kind that would come in my window during the night.

tlandon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 13, 2014
    USA
    Holy cow people. You don't just want to stop an intruder, you want to cut them in half. Are there lions, tigers and bears in your neighborhood? OhMY!. In my experiences 100% of the bipedal up to no goods turn and run at the first site of "any" weapon. They are all inherently cowards. Your choice of a defensive weapon, is your choice. And I respect that. You should do the same to others.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    My EDC is a 9mm with 124gr standard pressure rounds. I feel it's a better choice than my Alaskan. Or a Judge.

But if 100% of the bad guys run at the sight of a weapon, I guess BBI was correct about carrying a starter pistol?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My EDC is a 9mm with 124gr standard pressure rounds. I feel it's a better choice than my Alaskan. Or a Judge.

But if 100% of the bad guys run at the sight of a weapon, I guess BBI was correct about carrying a starter pistol?

He carries his starter pistol in a bad a$$ Aussie Kangaroo holster...I done seen it and it is possibly the most awesome holster, belt, mag pouch ever...I mean EVER....

Makes me want to kill a kangaroo....

You should carry your Alaskan...With 300 grain Deer Grenades you can get really fast follow up shots.....I mean they follow up all the to the tree line.....:):

Top Bottom