• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    We're talking angels on the head of a pin.

Most of us will never have our home invaded while we are there.

For those of us who do, most invaders will flee as soon as they realize someone is home.

A smaller percentage may initiate an attack against us.

Most of those will flee upon realizing we are armed.

Of those who stay and fight, most will leave after the first shots are fired.

Of those who stay and fight after shots are fired, most of them will leave after they've been hit.

A tiny percentage of a tiny percentage will stay, fight, take multiple hits, and keep coming.

I agree, we need to plan for the worst eventuality. But the difference in outcome from using a .22 or a shotgun with birdshot or a M60 machine gun, is probably so statistically insignificant as to be something to worry about on the same level as what to do with the money if we win at Powerball.

Just producing a firearm is the largest difference you can make in a fight.

Wow ...this should be a sticky post somewhere on the front page.

But I'm still gonna buy a minigun with my Powerball winnings ...just because I could! :D :ar15:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    You can't make that guarantee on the net or in another mans home.

I do know people who have survived birdshot to the chest and center mass at your sack-o-taters distance.

However, I personally have never met anyone who survived buck or slugs at sack-o-tater ranges. I am not sure why that is?

You can also find people who survived head shots with a 9mm or bear/sharks attacks.That doesnt mean those things cannot be deadly in most cases.
    Survivng a bear or shark attack, they either stopped the attack or you stopped them.

I think the person that uses buck or slugs over birdshot is a bit more serious about the intended outcome.

Worrying more about over penetration then how lethal your weapon is verges on absurd and could even work against you in court. If you had to use it, you better be justified. If you don't know where you can safely shoot in your own home, your tactics and preparation are flawed. That is true for any weapon you fire in your home.

#4 buck is about as low as you should go but as in all things internet, what anyone else does is of no importance.

Top Bottom