• ...and so much more!
  • Driver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I like this line right here.

“Wherever you are, it could be a library, a county council meeting, or any kind of social meeting, if there are people sitting in that room with concealed weapons permits and they’re packing, that’s the safest room in that building,” said state Sen. Johnny Nugent

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I read that in our local crap paer as well today. I completely support it.

The only difference is I think OC is a little more influential. When some jackass sees armed citizens, I think they are less likely to get stupid and do some crazy *****. Just my opinion.

More rights for the people!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So, would this Bill affect the City Park ban in Indy?

Yes, along with all the other park/city property bans that there are. It will also get rid of Speedways concealed carry ban and Gary and E Chicago assault weapon ban. It will pretty much strike down 99% of local firearm ordinances. They will still be able to ban firearms in courthouses (with restrictions if there is a private business or residence there) and they can ban open carry at public meeting. Also if your in pretrial diversion type of program or similar.

And if your an employee they can prohibit carry while on the clock. Also they can still decide what firearms a LEO is allowed to carry.

It will even strike down local ordinances regarding discharging a firearm in town. But if your not being very careful they can still hit you with criminal recklessness with a firearm.

Here is the link to the bill.
    Senate Bill 0292

Everybody write/call/email your Senators.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sb_292_and_sb_506_2-7-11_a-5.html#post1673647

This could be coming up for a 3rd reading today (Thursday).

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yes, along with all the other park/city property bans that there are. It will also get rid of Speedways concealed carry ban and Gary and E Chicago assault weapon ban. It will pretty much strike down 99% of local firearm ordinances. They will still be able to ban firearms in courthouses (with restrictions if there is a private business or residence there) and they can ban open carry at public meeting. Also if your in pretrial diversion type of program or similar.

And if your an employee they can prohibit carry while on the clock. Also they can still decide what firearms a LEO is allowed to carry.

It will even strike down local ordinances regarding discharging a firearm in town. But if your not being very careful they can still hit you with criminal recklessness with a firearm.

Here is the link to the bill.
    Senate Bill 0292

Everybody write/call/email your Senators.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sb_292_and_sb_506_2-7-11_a-5.html#post1673647

This could be coming up for a 3rd reading today (Thursday).

I was hoping I read that right. Thanks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Head off the gun banners at the pass, keep them in line with the state! Looks like some good progress is being made! All for it!

Gun Banners: "We have to curb crime (snivel, snivel)! Give me a break. You can take crime to the curb, but it doesn't mean it won't **** on your leg!

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I'm beginning to really really LOVE living in Indiana. FINALLY, some common sense with these legislaters. Let's hope this new found common sense idea of government is contagious

Top Bottom