• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    In that video you can see one of the officer fell down as another was pushing the protester into a bush[video=youtube;2yqJdSMI94w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yqJdSMI94w[/video].

watch

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I can't disagree with that. Let's be clear, Cosby has admitted that he had a lot of sex with a lot of women not Camille. There's no doubt about that. He also admitted that he used drugs, including quaaludes with some women...who were also not Camille. Now the issue becomes, did he sexually assault them? Good question. There is one criminal case and this is it. It seems like no one complained until time went by and he did little to nothing to boost their careers. Remember that a common theme was that these women were "dating" Cosby because they thought he would give them "career advice" or help their career somehow. When they didn't get big parts and become stars, then years later, this comes out.

Does this mean he never committed a crime? Absolutely not. However, is there a possibility that at least some (or even most) of his accusers are part of a feeding frenzy and are looking to make their score...since Cosby didn't help them out? In my mind, very probable. The media coverage has resulted in a situation where the truth will never come out and a fair trial may not be possible at all. 60 accusers over the years and only one criminal case? Doesn't that seem odd to anyone?

Don't forget that there were allegations of multiple payoffs, so some women appear to have complained before.

We don't know what kind of pressure they were under at that time. "He is a powerful star." "This will ruin your career." "No one will believe you that Bill could do this." Etc.

Entertainment was and still is an industry where who you know can make your career. Weinstein proved who hates you can destroy your career. That could be an extremely difficult position to be in for someone Cosby allegedly took a likingto and all of a sudden it goes farther than the woman desired.

While I agree that this could be part of a feeding frenzy it could also simply be a lot of women realizing they are not alone and adding their voices to outing of a loved public figure, who before this time could do no wrong. I loved Bill Cosby. Before this I would have found it difficult to believe. Today, with over 50 women telling basically the same story of abuse over a period of several decades I cannot listen to him any more. His stories are sour today. Perhaps I am too judgemental, but that's me.

Regards,

Doug

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Why did Bill Cosby drug and rape Howard Stern again? :dunno:

2fKupV1.jpg

...knowing Stern, probably he would have done it willingly...... on the air.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My response is very mixed.

On the one hand I am absolutely thrilled that a sexual abuser has been outed and brought to justice.

On the other hand I can no longer listen to his comedy. I used to LOVE the "chicken heart" and other monologues. I looked up to him as a "clean" comedian. Now, I've lost a small bit of my innocent childhood and that saddens me.

I wish more of these f*****s would have been punished and chastised early on. Catholic priests, Cosby, Weinstein, etc. If the people they answered to would have been more proactive about nipping these problems in the bud they never would have grown in the behemoth stories they are today.

Plus, all the people that would NOT have been victims! Imagine the damage that would have been avoided if organizations were willing to clean up their messes early, while they were small. Sad for everyone.

Glad justice may be served.

Regards,

Doug

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My response is very mixed.

On the one hand I am absolutely thrilled that a sexual abuser has been outed and brought to justice.

On the other hand I can no longer listen to his comedy. I used to LOVE the "chicken heart" and other monologues. I looked up to him as a "clean" comedian. Now, I've lost a small bit of my innocent childhood and that saddens me.

I wish more of these f*****s would have been punished and chastised early on. Catholic priests, Cosby, Weinstein, etc. If the people they answered to would have been more proactive about nipping these problems in the bud they never would have grown in the behemoth stories they are today.

Plus, all the people that would NOT have been victims! Imagine the damage that would have been avoided if organizations were willing to clean up their messes early, while they were small. Sad for everyone.

Glad justice may be served.

Regards,

Doug

I'm old enough to remember when comedy albums were a thing. And we'd laugh at those things until our sides hurt. We paid good money to see him perform up in Indy twice.

When people you like and thought you "knew" gets accused of these sorts of things, at least I want to believe they are bogus charges. But like you, all of that is tarnished now. He was a funny man and a great story teller. Too bad he had that dark side to bring it all crashing down.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm old enough to remember when comedy albums were a thing. And we'd laugh at those things until our sides hurt. We paid good money to see him perform up in Indy twice.

When people you like and thought you "knew" gets accused of these sorts of things, at least I want to believe they are bogus charges. But like you, all of that is tarnished now. He was a funny man and a great story teller. Too bad he had that dark side to bring it all crashing down.

I still have several of those records stored away. I don't think I'll ever listen to them again.:(

Doug

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I still have several of those records stored away. I don't think I'll ever listen to them again.:(

Doug

I know what you mean. But consider this. I was listening to a talk show this afternoon and the guest on the show was talking about the founders, and Jefferson in particular. There's no doubt in my mind they did a wonderful thing setting up this country. But a number of them were deeply flawed. Jefferson was genius but he owned slaves. Does his work now mean nothing because he owned slaves? I think not. Now, if we apply this to Cosby--his list of works, though in an entirely different field, stand on their own hilarity. He too was a (comedic) genius. But he was flawed. His crimes are much more proximate and that may make them seem "worse" to some. So I wonder, if we can appreciate the work of a flawed Jefferson, can we not also still appreciate Cosby's work even though his dark side was beyond disappointing.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It's very sad, but he was still funny as heck. The way I look at it, who exactly is there in entertainment these days that you can be sure is a stand up person? I can still laugh at his jokes without thinking it makes me guilty of something by association.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know what you mean. But consider this. I was listening to a talk show this afternoon and the guest on the show was talking about the founders, and Jefferson in particular. There's no doubt in my mind they did a wonderful thing setting up this country. But a number of them were deeply flawed. Jefferson was genius but he owned slaves. Does his work now mean nothing because he owned slaves? I think not. Now, if we apply this to Cosby--his list of works, though in an entirely different field, stand on their own hilarity. He too was a (comedic) genius. But he was flawed. His crimes are much more proximate and that may make them seem "worse" to some. So I wonder, if we can appreciate the work of a flawed Jefferson, can we not also still appreciate Cosby's work even though his dark side was beyond disappointing.

I think there's a sizable difference here. Yes, Jefferson had slaves... but slavery was well accepted in his time. In theory, Jefferson could potentially convince himself he had done nothing wrong (we won't get into his personal thoughts of the morality of the practice). Cosby, conversely, doesn't have that luxury. Every woman he drugged and raped, he knew that he was doing something very wrong.

Jag3212323

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Johnson county
    I think there's a sizable difference here. Yes, Jefferson had slaves... but slavery was well accepted in his time. In theory, Jefferson could potentially convince himself he had done nothing wrong (we won't get into his personal thoughts of the morality of the practice). Cosby, conversely, doesn't have that luxury. Every woman he drugged and raped, he knew that he was doing something very wrong.

Great points. Slavery was a fact of life in those days (certainly doesn’t make it ok or justify it) which allows perspectives to be different for those who had only lived when slavery was permitted by law and people 200+ years later. I’m sure plenty of things that are legal or acceptable to society now will be judged more harshly in the not so distant future.

Jefferson is a complicated case, but Cosby shouldn’t be. Cosby was a wolf in sheep’s clothing who was 100% sure that what he was doing was wrong and attempted to cover up what he did from plain sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom