• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I was in Big R in Michigan City and they have a couple of signs on the gun counter stating they are closed until further notice. I was not going to buy anything and just browsing but I am curious as to what happened. I asked an employee in sporting goods and the only info she gave me was it might be open back up next week.

Anyone have any more information?

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    They were/are being audited because of some lax bookkeeping that was brought to some suits attention by an former employee. It supposedly only happened at one location, but they are auditing all of them because of them being part of the chain.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Heard the Crawfordsville store is in the same boat. Guess it must be company-wide retraining / examining.

Wonder which store had the issue/s?

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    i just so happened to be in crawfordsville on saturday at he big rrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i had high hopes of going in and caressing a few pieces and was very dissappointed to see all the firearms gone. asked the lady there and she said she didn't know. still had plenty ammo for good prices though.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Around a year ago, the Wabash Big R was in the same boat for a bit, not able to sell. No apparent problems there last I looked 8/11 & 12.

Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    Crawfordsville store is out of the gun sales 3 store employee's fired for bad record keeping all Big R stores have been getting the big eye from the ATF. Marion is still selling but they have had lots of inspections,sounds like someone got big brother mad.on another note Marion Big R has a bunch of sales on handguns and longguns'

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Crawfordsville store is out of the gun sales 3 store employee's fired for bad record keeping all Big R stores have been getting the big eye from the ATF. Marion is still selling but they have had lots of inspections,sounds like someone got big brother mad.on another note Marion Big R has a bunch of sales on handguns and longguns'

I was in the Crawfordsville Big R a few months ago and the gun counter was in the same boat. Shut down while they did an audit. I was attempting to browse the gun counter another time. I can't say I'm surprised they have had trouble by the attitude displayed by the counter persons let alone the gun counter Nija's input. I just kept walkin and walkin and.....

heatman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sheridan
    The same thing happened at the marion store this summer. After the audit I went in and bought a 10/22. I would say they must have gotten into a bit of trouble.

It took forever! The guy behind the counter did the normal paperwork, etc. Then called a manager that came with templates that he laid on the paperwork to check that everything was filled out correctly. He then carried the gun up front for me to pay and had to carry it outside of the store to hand it to me!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom