• ...and so much more!
  • Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Okay, guys, need some advice here. I’m bought and sold many firearms through INGO over the years and know that private sales are alnost always the best deals, and there are a lot of good folks on here. But I’m thinking of liquidating my entire collection, and I don’t relish the idea of having to take months to arrange 20+ meetings and negotiations. I’d like to make one reasonable deal…but I’m not desperate for money or something, though, so I don’t want to take a $10k+ collection and sell it all at a massive loss.

What would you do (in central Indiana)? Would Cabelas in Noblesville totally screw me over? 9 Guns in Anderson? Indiana Gun Club? I know I wouldn’t get as much from a shop, but can this be done for a decent percentage of the private sale value?

No cheap junk here, btw…almost all my firearms are in excellent condition and from quality makers.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Okay, guys, need some advice here. I’m bought and sold many firearms through INGO over the years and know that private sales are alnost always the best deals, and there are a lot of good folks on here. But I’m thinking of liquidating my entire collection, and I don’t relish the idea of having to take months to arrange 20+ meetings and negotiations. I’d like to make one reasonable deal…but I’m not desperate for money or something, though, so I don’t want to take a $10k+ collection and sell it all at a massive loss.

What would you do (in central Indiana)? Would Cabelas in Noblesville totally screw me over? 9 Guns in Anderson? Indiana Gun Club? I know I wouldn’t get as much from a shop, but can this be done for a decent percentage of the private sale value?

No cheap junk here, btw…almost all my firearms are in excellent condition and from quality makers.
    See if a gun shop near you will do consignment sales. A shop near me will take them in with a consignment fee of 15% of your selling price. You won't sell them all at once, of course, but you do put them all up for sale at once and get your money rolling in when you sell, all without hassle.

Be advised that depending on what type of guns you have, the market might be a little soft right now. That could change really quick, though...especially with the current state of things.

Top Bottom