• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I vote for Taurus Pt1911, I liked the one I have so much, I bought another, when I found a great deal. I also have a few other brands, but the two Taurus get shot the most.

Dave

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I looked at one last week and really liked it. I am a fan of Ruger but it was more than I can justifiably spend.

At least you guys have gotten to see one! I'm beginning to think they are made of pure unobtanium ;). Tactical Weapons and Supply in Crawfordsville had both a full-size and compact RIA in stock as of Friday. I have no idea how much they want for them. The rude guy on the phone wouldn't give me a price and hung up on me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been very happy with my Rock Island Compact. It's been as reliable as my Kimbers and more reliable than my Springfield or Sig. My Sig Scorpion came with mags that don't lock the slide back consistently and the Springfield had issues early on, but now functions well. My Kimbers came with crap mags too. Invest in a decent mag and you should be good to go. Wilson Combats have worked for me. The ACT mag that came with the Rock have performed better than the factory Kimber mags and Sig mags.

rthatchjr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    I had a government model RI and it was a great 399.00 gun, of course it needed small tweaking but I was able to do it and it was a great shooter!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    At least you guys have gotten to see one! I'm beginning to think they are made of pure unobtanium

there are two of them in the classifieds right now being sold for the low low price of $700. :laugh:

I'm not willing to pay MSRP for a new gun, much less a used one. For $700, I'm buying a Springer.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    there are two of them in the classifieds right now being sold for the low low price of $700. :laugh:

I'm not willing to pay MSRP for a new gun, much less a used one. For $700, I'm buying a Springer.

I totally agree and believe me, I (and about 900 others) have been watching those. The fact is that Bradis sold at least 2 of them for less than $700 in October. I'm in the same boat as the OP right now. I've been smitten with the 1911 since I shot a friend's Gold Cup 15 years ago. It's time to get one of my own.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have come to believe that folks try to get the total investment back on a used handgun or whatever they post up in the classifieds. You can spot a piece that came from Gander or dons as the posted price is more than you can walk out the door of a LGS with the same piece after taxes. I have made fair offers on a few here recently and received the hearty hell no. I am obligated at that point to direct them to where the same piece can be purchased for the same or far less than the asking price. These are used guns folks. They do not appreciate if they are still in production.

Yes, for that money but the Springer

slimjimws

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Speedway
    I wanted a 1911 without the price and went with the Regent 1911 A1 shot about 200 rounds through it so far and the only problems that i have had was the factory clip bought a couple colt clips and polished the ramp and have had no problem out of it have a total of 450 invested

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wanted a 1911 without the price and went with the Regent 1911 A1 shot about 200 rounds through it so far and the only problems that i have had was the factory clip bought a couple colt clips and polished the ramp and have had no problem out of it have a total of 450 invested

He said "CLIP"......................:D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you like that, you'll love the ad for the SKS in the classifieds that comes with 20 "clipper strips"... :):

BTW, my RIA will be back home on Monday. Finally got in touch with someone at Armscor. :D

Let us know how it runs. Hope for a good outcome. Lots of folks on here seem to have good luck with them.

I wants me some "Clipper strips"

Top Bottom