• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    So what is the best safe i can get for under $900? I have been looking at the Stack-on safes at Dicks and can't decide it that is what i want or not. I am not looking for the glossy paint to show off. It need to be fireproof.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    MC Sports in Bloomington has the best prices I have seen lately. They had a nice size fire-resistant(Don't believe any safe is fireproof:))that would hold 18 long guns (or had a divider for half long and shelves) for around $500. They were all on sale thru 6/22.Stack-On.I may go pick one up tomorrow-been looking for awhile also.Might be worth at least a phone call-I believe Dick's was quite a bit higher on price-last time I checked

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I don't know the answer, but I would trust this guy to tell me:

Frank Zykan Safe & Vault, LLC

He goes by "a1abdj" on THR - Powered by vBulletin

If you go over there and search and read what he and "CB900F" have said about "safes" and "RSC"s (residential security containers) then you will have a better chance of finding the level of protection you need.

arv99t

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Vincennes, Indiana
    I don't have a lot of info on the differnt types of safe. I have been looking for one myself, but not sure what I want yet. I know that Gander Mountain, and Cabellas always seem to have great prices. I know that Lowes also has a special order section if you ask them.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    looked around some and found

I have looked around some and have found three safes locally which I can get for about the same price...about $700

Stack-On | Total Defense Safes at Dicks which is a 28 gun safe
    or
    Liberty Safe - Centurion from Lowes which is a 22 gun safe.

Shop Cannon Safe! Purchase Cannon, Traditional, Patriot, Safari Dangerous Game and Serengeti, Home and Office and Wall safes here! 22 gun from tractor supply. (safe is a little different look but same model)

All three are really about the same size. I thought for sure I would sold once i saw the Liberty but the safes look about the same. The one thing that seem much better is the Stack-on has locking bolts on all four sides of the safe. Does anyone have good or bad experices with either brand?

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    cannon safe

Agreed. I work at one and we have a nice mid sized Cannon safe for $699 right now. I get a 15% discount, and since I've had my eye on it for a while, I think I'm going to go buy it tomorrow.

The only thing I was not sure about on the cannon safe is that is was a digital pad for the combo and and I did not see the back key slot that some safes have. So if have problems with the keypad then what. The mechanical tumbler type safe "should" never go bad.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    The cannon seems to have a decent key pad. I ended up not getting it, but if you do go to TSC for a safe, do NOT buy the Big Horn brand. They aren't very good. I work at a TSC and we've had all sorts of trouble just getting them open. The Cannons seem to be good values though, even with the digi lock. I asked my manager about getting one with a mechanical lock, and she said they only receive digital locks, but they may be able to order one. She'd have to check with the distributor.

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Was in Rural King today 6/19 and their 24 gun Stackon was priced under $600, like $575???? or so................:@ya:......
    ..........<>< Duce

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think the Liberty Safes are very well built but they are pricey at Gander Mountain. The Stack On at Dick's is a decent safe for $599 that is water and fire resistant. I have also been shopping for a while but have not decided what to buy.

Top Bottom