• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J4Me

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Been thinking about a synthetic 870 Exp for HD. Who has good prices? Only one I've seen was $383 at H&H in Ft Wayne. TIA!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you do it... do it right. Buy the police Riot gun. I have the hunting version. And had to accessorize the **** out of it.

It came with:
    rifled barrel
    bird barrel
    fore/butt stock walnut. then the rest of gun NIB $300ish

I had to buy for HD:
    mossburg 18'' barrel $105
    folding but stock $50
    5round mag attachment $15
    surefire light $55
    light adapt kit $15
    tube extension (plastic) $25
    handguard heatsheild with ghost sights $15

fornick18.jpg

fornick19.jpg

Last edited:

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    The police version also wont have the knobs on the inside of the mag tube. These knobs have to be ground down in order to put a extension on because the knobs will stop a shell from sliding past them.

I love the shotty redneckmedic

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    870's have been rather high lately, I think the lowest I saw was $325 in Granger. Unless you're going to shoot a lot the Police model is overkill, a regular Express model will serve you plenty well and spend the saved $ on training :twocents:

Don't fall into the add-on trap unless you have self control...I did and failed on the SC. I won't post how much it cost me because I never kept track.

5dse3q.jpg

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Unless you're going to shoot a lot the Police model is overkill, a regular Express model will serve you plenty well and spend the saved $ on training

The reason I highly advise the Police riot 870 is for a few reasons, the price on the above model on GB is $365 so thats $65 for than the avg. (+ $35 FFL )right now. So buy once cry once, you won't find training for $65 or $100. My tube extension is plastic, this sucks for 2 reasons, it wont take abuse and will eventually brake or mar the threads, and when I clamp anything on the tube (surefire light) the clamp squeezes the tube spring and won't push the next arm onto the finger! So I have to loosen the clamp...light likes to swivel more freely, not too bad, but would like the riot instead!

If you are buying an 870 for home defense only buy the riot gun, with a light, or a wingmaster. You don't get as many shells...but how many do you need...It's a f*cking shotgun! It's not Leathal Weapon or Badboy's shootouts!:patriot:

pix562176453.jpg

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    The reason I highly advise the Police riot 870 is for a few reasons, the price on the above model on GB is $365 so thats $65 for than the avg. (+ $35 FFL )right now. So buy once cry once, you won't find training for $65 or $100. My tube extension is plastic, this sucks for 2 reasons, it wont take abuse and will eventually brake or mar the threads, and when I clamp anything on the tube (surefire light) the clamp squeezes the tube spring and won't push the next arm onto the finger! So I have to loosen the clamp...light likes to swivel more freely, not too bad, but would like the riot instead!

If you are buying an 870 for home defense only buy the riot gun, with a light, or a wingmaster. You don't get as many shells...but how many do you need...It's a f*cking shotgun! It's not Leathal Weapon or Badboy's shootouts!:patriot:

pix562176453.jpg

I said I've seen the same model like you posted from GB for $325. The last NIB Police model I saw was $550, so are you saying you can get the Police for $465? The way you worded it is confusing. I have the same 870 listed so I don't know how your extension is plastic, mine is definitely metal. As for training, yes you can train for $65, what would you call an afternoon at the range? It may not be your definition of training but anytime the trigger is squeezed I call that training.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I said I've seen the same model like you posted from GB for $325. The last NIB Police model I saw was $550, so are you saying you can get the Police for $465? The way you worded it is confusing. I have the same 870 listed so I don't know how your extension is plastic, mine is definitely metal. As for training, yes you can train for $65, what would you call an afternoon at the range? It may not be your definition of training but anytime the trigger is squeezed I call that training.

No, you have good points, the training I was refering to, or actually though you were speaking of is a front site course or tactical shotgunner kind of idea. My extension is an ATI (POS) thats (peice of Sh*t) plastic tube. I either bought the wrong one, or didn't know you could by them, only out of ignorance! $385 is what the above pic NIB LEO RIOT 870 is plus $35 FFL, so yeah about $400ish.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    Police model? I thought I got the good end of the stick by buying the Express Tactical model? Hmm, this is news to me, and they told me it just came out for 2009, so its the newest model they have made to date...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Is there a reason for the higher price of the base police model? Because from pictures it just looks like a synthetic Express

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Is there a reason for the higher price of the base police model? Because from pictures it just looks like a synthetic Express

I don't believe so but there are some who do. The Police is assembled in a different area of the plant is what I understand. There are no MIM parts and some other upgrades I believe. If someone shows me a study between the standard and the police on which experienced the most failures I might change my opinion.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I don't believe so but there are some who do. The Police is assembled in a different area of the plant is what I understand. There are no MIM parts and some other upgrades I believe. If someone shows me a study between the standard and the police on which experienced the most failures I might change my opinion.

I read :dunno: on another forum the same thing that the Express was built in a different area of the plant and doesn't have the same quality components or craftsmanship as the police model. Only what I have heard.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    It may be true, what I would like to see if evidence showing the difference between the two. If X was 10 times more likely to break, etc.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart

Show me where this is true? I have taken apart 3 different 870s, all look identical...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom