• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    I left my old knife back home when I went down to school and now my little brother has taken it over and I was wondering what a passable, inexpenisve folding knife with a blade between 3-4 inches is. I want to have it just for general pocket EDC carry, I heard good things about the opinels.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I've been rocking out with the Kershaw OSO Sweet for about six months now in my EDC. Quick and easy to operate, inexpensive, and handy to carry. The screws for the clip are starting to come a little loose, so I need to tighten them down. Currently about $23 on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Kershaw 1830 OSO Sweet Knife with Stainless-Steel Blade and Nylon Handle with SpeedSafe: Sports & Outdoors

If you back the screws completely out and apply a little blue Loctite before tighten them back up, chances are good they won't become loose again. Note: You will need a #6 torx bit for loosen and tightening the clip screws.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've had the same Opinel 6 for about 22 years now. Good choice for the money.

ETA: If I was buying one today I would have a tough time deciding between the No. 6 and No. 8.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Its going to be tough to find a quality knife at that price point. Might look around for something that is used. As far as cheap folders go, I've been surprisingly happy with my ESEE Zancudo I got around Christmas. Although it probably won't score you many cool guy points, another option would be one of those flooding knives they sell at any home improvement store that take box cutter blades, especially if your not good at sharpening a knife. I carried a Craftsman one for years, and they replaced it for free when I finally got around to breaking it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've been rocking out with the Kershaw OSO Sweet for about six months now in my EDC. Quick and easy to operate, inexpensive, and handy to carry. The screws for the clip are starting to come a little loose, so I need to tighten them down. Currently about $23 on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Kershaw 1830 OSO Sweet Knife with Stainless-Steel Blade and Nylon Handle with SpeedSafe: Sports & Outdoors

I'm partial to the Kershaw Cryo at that price point.

Most of the Chinese Kershaws in this price point are pretty decent knives for the price, IMHO. If the blade ever breaks they replace it for $10. They will replace the clip and/or screws, and sharpen it for free. All for a knife in the $18-$25 range.

I am partial to the Asset, but if you want something thinner I personally carry the Chill at work because it is thin, and light. It has a "G-10 handle, 3.125-inch blade, seven-inch open length, and two-ounce weight" and is in your price range. It was pretty sharp out of the box, but a little stropping gave it a pretty decent edge.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's like $3.05 above your price point but the CRKT Drifter gets some nice reviews also.

Amazon.com: CRKT Columbia River Knife & Tool Drifter G10 Razor Edge Folding Knife: Home Improvement

You sold me with your first post.:yesway:

20140331_171133_zps4iyg0tl4.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I carried a SogZilla for several years, with good results. I wanted something inexpensive to edc at work, and the Sog didn't let me down. Never had any issues with screws coming loose, and the blade held up well. I'm thinking I've seen them online for less than $25.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Dozier folding hunter. Slim, sharpens up well, under 20, all day, every day.

orange, tan, green. Buy a half dozen for emergency gifts.

Top Bottom