• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Living in barbecue-deprived Northeast Indiana. I have been searching for great true southern smokehouse style barbecue restaurant. When I travel for my job to Texas or Louisiana or Missouri, these places are around every corner. But not here.

When my son was at Purdue we used to visit South Street Smokehouse, that was a great place. Dry rubbed ribs made fresh daily, great pulled pork and brisket. Cornbread and greens, with rolls of paper towels on the tables.

So what is the best Indiana Barbecue shack? Please no chain restaurants, and Smokey Bones is not a real Barbecue place.

5230.jpg

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Dick's Bodacious BBQ. I believe there's one in Indy. It's kind of a chain but the original one was started in Noblesville by a guy from Texas. It's the best I've had.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Dick's Bodacious BBQ. I believe there's one in Indy. It's kind of a chain but the original one was started in Noblesville by a guy from Texas. It's the best I've had.

I've been to Dicks in Indy, that is why I'm posting this. Not sure where if they actually do their own smoking. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    I used to travel to OK, TX and KCMO so it's tough to beat BBQ from those places. I frequent Southstreet Smokehouse in Lafayette at least once a week. Went there three times this week... Shhh, don't tell my wife! :)

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    There are two family run BBQ joints in Anderson Indiana that are quite tasty... Hoping some locals can help out with the names.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Anyone tried Black Diamond on Binford between 62nd and 65th st. Just curious... never been

Yes, I have! Very good lunch spot, but dangerously close to GT Souths. I will wager my money on GTs all day long. Pulled pork sandy with a side for $7 is a steal. If you haven't been, you are missing a real treat!

OP - please go to GTs on 71st street at Graham Road. 4.5/5.0 stars. :yesway:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hickory Hills is closed Jan & Feb. They told me they just don't get enough business to stay open. Worth going when they're open though.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Im a big fan of GT South here on the southside of indy and when I feel like a little drive SQUEALERS off 144 and 67. They frequent the Rib Fest downtown indy every year.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Ate at black diamond today on the way to the 1500. It is o e of the best around. Their greens are to die for. Also try Big Hoffa's in Westfield east of 31 on 32. They are closed on Monday by the way.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    when I feel like a little drive SQUEALERS off 144 and 67.

Had dinner there just the other night; a distributor rep was wining and dining me. ;) The chicken-n-dumpling soup was unremarkable, the pulled pork sandwich was very good, and the bourbon pecan pie was... :faint:

I will certainly be back!

Top Bottom