• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Were I to do it over again today, I'd look REAL hard at the TLR-1, or the M-3LED, whichever was cheaper. As it is, I am running older Insight M-3s, recently upgraded with factory LED conversion heads.

If you've got the money to blow, the Surefire X300 seems to be the Gold Standard.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Yea I don't have money to blow, just looking for a weapon light.

I was looking at the TLR-1, around a $100, and then I found a link to the older "Streamlight M3" like you describe, non LED for around $60. Seems like its worth the extra $40 to just get the TLR-1 LED and be done with it

Falkin88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    I like my TLR-1's. I currently have two and have had no problems with either one. I had a Surefire X300 that quit working on me and I have it rigged now so it still works but not really my first choice anymore. I've looked at the TLR-2 but can't really justify the extra cost just for the laser.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    I like my TLR-1's. I currently have two and have had no problems with either one. I had a Surefire X300 that quit working on me and I have it rigged now so it still works but not really my first choice anymore. I've looked at the TLR-2 but can't really justify the extra cost just for the laser.

My thoughts exactly, I was looking at the TLR-2 but they are closer to $200 and the added $100 for a laser is not worth it to me.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I went to TLR's a few years ago. In addition to all the things they do well, they also make a surprisingly great handheld light that fits in the palm of your hand. Since is LED it does not kill the batteries after 30 minutes of use as a task light.

They also hold up to 12 gauge recoil so if/when you travel they can be used on handgun, shotgun or carbine.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I have a TLR-1s that I picked up for around $110 and im very happy with it. Mounted great, functions are easily within reach and seem build very well. The only issue I would have with it is engaging the strobe function for constant on. It takes quick fingers and a smooth action. But other than that a great product! :ingo:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I love my x300, that being said, I got it at the gun show right before their prices went up. If you can find a good deal on one, they are great lights. Unfortunately I have no experience with other lights.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    I have a TLR-1s that I picked up for around $110 and im very happy with it. Mounted great, functions are easily within reach and seem build very well. The only issue I would have with it is engaging the strobe function for constant on. It takes quick fingers and a smooth action. But other than that a great product! :ingo:

Agreed :yesway:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I have the TLR-3 and could not be happier with it. I have it mounted on my XD and it fits perfectly. Bright as a mutha!

IMG_4595.jpg

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have a older streamlight M3 and the TLR-1 LED. While the TLR seems brighter, I get better lighting at distance with the M3.

The TLR would be fine inside my home, outside I like the M3 better. Seeing as sometimes I have to check things outside, that is what rides on my Glock 19 most the time.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    http://nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=94&cid=29

Nebo ProTec isn't too expensive. I put it on my XD9, fits well, I think the thumb switch is a little hard to manipulate though. It;s more of a metal plate that you move rather than a pressure switch. Great price though (Amazon). Not recommended to leave it on at the range due to recoil vibration issues over time. 230 lumens. BLINDING

Top Bottom