Best entry level budget competition pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Glock. Solid. Not expensive.

Cheap budget guns will have horrible triggers, poor workmanship, and will be prone to failures.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Competition what ?

Budget?

Three gun? I don’t do it. Canik rival. Glock 17L /34 if you can afford a barsto barrel and a non sponge bob trigger. Don’t need mucho roundo’s then Springfield range officer or above 9mm. Cz shadow.

bullseye? (no one bullseye any more) have a CMP rem rand frame colt slide with hours of custom work and fitting I picked up at a ghetto gun store long ago for a great price. Sometimes even a pig finds a go lden egg in the hood. It only took about 7 minutes to examine and pay for it.

Silly wet? ( No one silly wets any more) my browning buckmark silly wet, or my contenders.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    There is no best. As others have already mentioned, we need to know what kind of competition. USPSA will be a little different than Cowboy Action, which will be a little different from Bullseye, which will be a little different than Pin Shoots, which, etc., etc.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    OP, if you go to the Shooting Sport section here you'll see a white paper posted on Shooting Competition, it does an excellent job providing an overview. You'll find if you ask specific questions, you'll get lots of help. We just don't know which way to point you since your question is so general.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Probably depends on not only what competition but what class (if applicable) within that do you wish to compete, I'm guessing.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I choose a different handgun for local competitions every few years, and my current Walther PDP may change that. For me, and for the kind of shooting I do, the PDP has been the best out of the box pistol to date... I might just have to stop this endless cycle.

Top Bottom