• TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    ^ ^ ^ T H I S ^ ^ ^

Contact Andrew Hall, Whitetail Trading Co. (https://www.whitetailtrading.com/), @Aszerigan here on INGO. He'll walk you through the process of selecting an appropriate suppressor for your project.

Tread lightly, suppressors (and other NFA items) are addictive. Like @Expat, I too have just dipped my toe into the NFA world and am already working on plans for my next project.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yep. You have to decide what is most important to you, then start narrowing the choices down to what you want. I prefer lighter, and smaller.

For 9mm that led me to Silencerco Omega 9K, while I wait for their new Spectre 9 to be available

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Would also be a good idea to find one or two to shoot before buying one. It'll give you reasonable expectations regarding sound reduction, weight, balance.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    ^ ^ ^ T H I S ^ ^ ^

Contact Andrew Hall, Whitetail Trading Co. (https://www.whitetailtrading.com/), @Aszerigan here on INGO. He'll walk you through the process of selecting an appropriate suppressor for your project.

Tread lightly, suppressors (and other NFA items) are addictive. Like @Expat, I too have just dipped my toe into the NFA world and am already working on plans for my next project.
    I second this... in all the ways.

Andrew usually has multiple brands of 9mm suppressors in stock... I have a Dead Air Mojave 9 in jail at his place right now, in fact. It was a bit expensive, but the Dead Air Wolfman has a great reputation. I just wanted something a little thinner and lighter, which costs more.

And yes, it's addictive! I started 2023 with 0 suppressors and now have a total of 6 either in my possession or in process. LOL

gamshar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2023
    Sellersburg
    Best: know someone(s) who own them and will take you shooting to get an hands-on idea.
    Second best: know a shop who carries what you’re looking for so you can see in person.
    Bonus: https://pewscience.com/ <- LOTS of interesting data to taste in here.

Main thing is to nail down what you’re wanting out of the can. EG. the quietest rated can doesn’t necessarily mean “the best;” it could actually mean “the least practical/economic choice.”

I went with the rugged obsidian9 as my first ever can and it has been a satisfying starting point for most 9mm and down calibers (as long as it’s rated for it). Family member has the silencerco omega-9k and it is a solid performer as well.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have a zev kraken/cgs mod 9 and it is pretty stinking quiet, but it get as lot of complaints about inconsistent accuracy issues online.

I have way more fun shooting it on a pcc or blasting 22 through it than with 9mm pistol

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Just in general, talk to Whitetail but - a can that's light enough to be pleasant (and functional) on a pistol is not gonna be that quiet on a PCC. There's some "short/long" config options that are... okay compromises but I bet you're gonna end up with two cans.

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    389   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Just in general, talk to Whitetail but - a can that's light enough to be pleasant (and functional) on a pistol is not gonna be that quiet on a PCC. There's some "short/long" config options that are... okay compromises but I bet you're gonna end up with two cans.

Rugged Obsidian 9 - that’s my suggestion. Modular so you can shoot it long for sound reduction or short for portability.

The short / long thing goes a long way for versatility.

Top Bottom