• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I did not know this.

At the end of the 1990s, Bersa won the contract for supplying a new standard sidearm for the Argentina Armed Forces and Argentina Federal Police that were looking to replace their aging Browning Hi-Power pistols. The Bersa Thunder 9, an evolution of the Model 90, was chosen. Buenos Aires Provincial Police also use the Thunder 9.

A number of military and law enforcement forces have included Bersa .380s in their tables of equipment, including the Ecuadorian Air Force.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I did not know this.

At the end of the 1990s, Bersa won the contract for supplying a new standard sidearm for the Argentina Armed Forces and Argentina Federal Police that were looking to replace their aging Browning Hi-Power pistols. The Bersa Thunder 9, an evolution of the Model 90, was chosen. Buenos Aires Provincial Police also use the Thunder 9.

A number of military and law enforcement forces have included Bersa .380s in their tables of equipment, including the Ecuadorian Air Force.

yep I seem to recall reading something along those lines when researching the Bersa line. I ended up choosing the Bersa Thunder .45 Ultra Compact as my daily carry. :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just picked up a Bersa Thunder 9UC last week and am pretty happy with it. It will probably replace my 1911 as my standard carry piece and will fit well with my Thunder 380 I use when I need to conceal a bit more. Right now, I'm still more accurate with the .45 at 15 yards but am more accurate with the Bersa 9 at 7 with rapid fire. The Bersa sights are a little easier for me to pick up on followup shots than the ones on the 1911. Once I get a couple of more boxes through it and a decent IWB holster, I'll start carrying the Bersa daily.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Not too surprising. The Argentines are supporting their own manufacturing companies.... AND they're getting a good product in the deal.
    My Bersa .380 is an extremely reliable and accurate pistol.

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    This got me to thinking....
    I may have to go pick up another Bersa in the near future.
    A 380 (before it was called the Thunder) was (and is) my first handgun.
    Every time a thread pops up asking about Bersas, I always tell them that it is the single most underrated handgun on the market, bar none.

I've bought and sold Glocks, Sigs and even a Colt....but the Bersa has sat quietly in my safe.

Yet, I've never considered buying another one.

I may have to revisit that. Perhaps in 45.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ahhh, threads like this just warm my heart :D

Might as well pimp the upcoming Bersa while I am here, lol

picture.php

Top Bottom