• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joey P

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Took my new handgun to the range yesterday. Beretta PX4 40, subcompact, 3" bbl. Ammunition was Federal FMJ.

Fired 20 rounds at the range, distance 10 yards. I was somewhat apprehensive about the recoil on such a short 40, however I found it to be very managable and not uncomfortable at all. I have rather large hands, so I am using the largest interchangeable backstrap. Accuracy was as to be expected in a subcompact. Center mass group was acceptable, whereas attempted headshots were only 1/3. However, this was my first time firing this weapon, so accuracy issues are also easily attributed to the shooter.

My previous weapon was 92F/M9 Beretta in 9mm. It was far more accurate, but the longer barrel and larger frame did not lend themselves well to my carry needs. I expect to add a IWB holster soon, and would appreciate any recommendations for quality holsters folks have used.

Thanks!

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I have a comp-tac infidel which works well for my 9mm. Accuracy with the 9mm is absolutely outstanding for a 3" gun.

Top Bottom