• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bucncrazy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Plainfield
    Ok so I have been waiting for an upgrade for my fs, BUSA emailed me about a week ago saying the chromed guide rod and recoil spring were available. I recieved it yesterday and it was not chromed the shipping label says steel giude rod, my receipt clearly says chromed guide rod... so i emailed them and asked what gives:dunno: they replied today they no longer offer chromed they say they improved the process to a teflon polymer coating. The recoil spring was also about 1" longer than the factory spring... is this normal?
    Frustrating process...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Can't answer about the guide rod other than Beretta needs to change the write up about it being chromed when it is not.

As for the new spring, if you are measuring it against the one in your pistol, it will be longer as the original recoil spring does compress with use, while the new one being never installed is the true size of the original. Beretta used to use the guideline that if the spring was shorter than the barrel, it needed to be replaced. Don't know how yours compares to the barrel length, but having the new spring an inch longer than the original sounds about right when comparing it to one that has been used.

Top Bottom