• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    Looks like Berreta is coming out with a new version of the Cheetah. I know, it's .380 and heavy and blah, blah, blah but I have te get one. Always liked the original 84 and also the Browning BDA so it's sort of a nostalgia thing. Flame away.

Ouch! Just noticed the MSRP looks to be $799.00 Hmmmmm.......

Last edited:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    The Cheetah is a great platform in .22. It's not bad in .32, either (I have an 81, and like it a lot, but ammo is expensive and hard to come by). It's kinda crappy as a .380, though. Bigger than most other .380s, with harsher recoil due to the straight blowback design. If I was in the market for a .380 (which I'm not), I could think of about 5 or 6 other options that I'd rather have than a Cheetah.

Why they released this as a .380 rather than an "87x" in .22LR, I don't understand. I'd definitely buy one of those, especially if it was offered with a threaded barrel. It would make an awesome little .22LR companion to my 92s and a fun suppressor host to boot. It's not just me either....there's demand for 87s...prices are through the roof on GunBroker, and they're not easy to come by. 84s and 85s go for half the money that the 87s do. Beretta makes some really nice guns, but I have a hard time understanding their business decisions.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Looks like Berreta is coming out with a new version of the Cheetah. I know, it's .380 and heavy and blah, blah, blah but I have te get one. Always liked the original 84 and also the Browning BDA so it's sort of a nostalgia thing. Flame away.

Ouch! Just noticed the MSRP looks to be $799.00 Hmmmmm.......
    Thanks for posting I hadn't heard of this new one yet. The 85/84's are a classic design, I like this new modernized version. I just bought an older 84BB from the current batch that just got imported for no other reason than i've always liked these guns.

Top Bottom