• ...and so much more!
  • wbower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hi -
    I'm looking to buy a new gun for waterfowl/turkey hunting and am looking into the Benelli Nova. Wonder if ya'll have any input....good or bad? I would like to shoot 3 1/2" shells. :patriot:

Thanks

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    I can give you my experience with a Benelli SuperNova tactical 12 gauge, as a general guide for quality.

The Benellis are very solid. Fit and finish is above average. A nice feature is a button on the underside of the fore grip that allows you to remove a shell from the chamber without releasing a new shell from the magazine. Comes in handy if you need to chamber a different load on the fly.

Negatives: Only holds 4+1 unless you add an extender tube, which can be pricey. Parts can be difficult to get, and can be expensive. If you decide you want a different barrel, it may not be available, or it will cost as much as a new gun.

Overall, the Benellis are very reliable and well-made, but make sure you get what you want with your initial purchase.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    Bought one for my son to use as his hunting gun.
    He's ruff on everything, can break anything, but the Nova has held up well with no problems so far.

A coworker that bought one when they were first introduced...he didn't like it & had problems feeding 3 1/2's & ended up selling his.

My son & I havn't had that issue with ours.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Hi -
    I'm looking to buy a new gun for waterfowl/turkey hunting and am looking into the Benelli Nova. Wonder if ya'll have any input....good or bad? I would like to shoot 3 1/2" shells. :patriot:

Thanks

As long as you don't mind being kicked by a mule, you'll love it.:D I have never shot the 12 ga but my son shoots a 20ga youth model and a 3 in slug or turkey load out of it is pretty rough. They are very light and kinda rattley. Sort of the AK of the shotgun world. It's a nice gun to have around. No worries about scratching, denting, dropping in the mud... His has been completely reliable shooting any ammo and in any conditions. And it shoots really good, points naturally. I have always shot Brownings and Remingtons and was skeptical of the Nova but my son had exactly $300 and wanted his own shotgun so it was really his only option. We have been very happy with it.

wbower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thanks for input fella's. I've seen them for around $400 with the 26" barrel, all camo version. I think it would be hard to beat that price for a gun that will shoot a 3 1/2 shell

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    I don't think anyone will say anything negative about the Benelli's suitability as a rock-solid, weatherproof, inexpensive option as a waterfowl pump gun. I should have thrown, "robust", in that line of adjectives. Hold the receiver next to an 870

If you intend to put any kind of optic on it, go with the SuperNova, as the receiver is already drilled (you have to knock the slugs out of the holes from the inside)

ETA: The Nova series is simple, and easy to disassemble. It works on the same, "few parts", theory that Glock does.

Top Bottom