• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I've had a little experience with Benchmade's customer service, I've always been amazed with how awesome they are. But I've never sent one in for a blade replacement. Well long story short, I'm getting ready to pay to have a new blade installed. My question is, I want to make sure I get my same handle and frame back, I'm pretty sentimental to this knife. I just want to get the same stuff back not a whole new knife, a friend ordered a replacement blade and they exchanged whole knife. What have your experiences been? Also hows the turn around time been

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Usually a call to customer service will be your best bet. I have always had great service with Kershaw. I would expect the same from Benchmade.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Benchmade went through quite a bit of effort to track down a knife they lost because it had sentimental value to me. It wasn't an expensive knife, and I think they were quite ready to give me a new knife if I wanted. But they did right by me, and now I have my old friend back.

So I suggest that you talk to them and make sure they understand what you want. I think Benchmade will not disappoint you.

By the way -- needing to replace the blade on a Benchmade knife? What do you do to that knife?

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    A few winters back I was the last guy to leave a woods we were working in and. i somehow got stuck driving the saw truck everyone hates. The keys to the tool box were not hidden where they should have been hidden. So it was cold as hell and of course she would not crank. Saw wrench wouldn't fit so I jumped the starter with my benchmade. Took a few times to get it going, ended up burning the tip off my tanto. It saved the day, but cost me a knife that has a lot of sentimental value.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I suppose that'll do her. I'd of made a fellow worker cough up his knife! Especially if mine had sentimental value. Not to mention its a benchmade! But.. gotta do whatcha gotta do. Hope everything works out! I have little exp. With benchmade or tgeir customer service.

Goliath 72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Hey Chubbs,
    I am with Benchmade Customer service. We always try to follow whatever you put on the service forms as closely as possible, (link to the form by the way: https://www.benchmade.com/images/pdf/LifeSharp_Service_Letter.pdf)

Anyway, you should send your knife in for the blade replacement (runs $25 for silver blade or $35 for black blade); keep in mind it is a full replacement, so we do not return the original blade.
    We wouldn’t change out the scales without checking with you first, and even then only if we were totally unable to repair the knife without changing the scales. Pretty much everything else as far as service is covered under warranty (internal workings, sharpening, new clip, etc) so just make a shopping list on the form when you send it. We are running about 9-11 business days turn around on this end.

I love To hear when customer have used their knives and given them character, so I totally understand wanting to keep your sentimental scales. J

Feel free to call with questions.
    Goliath 72 (Nolan)
    800-800-7427 ext 192

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Benchmade customer service is top notch in my book. I emailed over the weekend inquiring about how to purchase a new clip for my 741 and received a response monday stating they would mail one out. I own several Benchmades and will continue to purchase more. Daily carry a 746 LE shot show.

Top Bottom