Benchmade 7505-132 Sibert MLK (Gold Class)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Benchmade just release this new design last week and I was lucky enough to get knife #4. It is a dual action auto that has a M390 steel blade and incorporates a titanium framelock.
    I'll probably be keeping this one for myself. :)

[video=youtube;-oa4MR22IAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oa4MR22IAU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Midwest Chick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Question: Since it is a dual action, can you use the trigger to close it, rather than the liner lock?? For example, on my Boker, I can push the button down to release the blade and close it one handed?? Have to admit I'm lusting after this one but hate, hate, hate liner locks.

Benchmade just release this new design last week and I was lucky enough to get knife #4. It is a dual action auto that has a M390 steel blade and incorporates a titanium framelock.
    I'll probably be keeping this one for myself. :)

[video=youtube;-oa4MR22IAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oa4MR22IAU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Question: Since it is a dual action, can you use the trigger to close it, rather than the liner lock?? For example, on my Boker, I can push the button down to release the blade and close it one handed?? Have to admit I'm lusting after this one but hate, hate, hate liner locks.

This knife is a bolster release instead of a button release like your Boker. Your button release (push button) serves two purposes, the blade release and the blade lock up (button lock). Because of the dual action design on this Benchmade, to close the blade you unlock the frame lock which is similar to a liner lock with the difference being the frame moves over to lock against the blade tang instead of a liner between the frame moving over against the blade tang. Frame locks are considered one of the strongest locking designs for a folding knife and with this one being titanium makes it even better. If you look at the first picture below, you will see how the backside of the frame has been cut. Also, there is a cut out on the inside of towards the bottom. This cut out is what gives that part of the frame the spring action necessary to move over to the blade tang when the blade is being opened. Picture 2 shows the end result (the lock up) of the frame lock after the blade has been opened. Obviously these pictures are not the Benchmade knife that I'm talking about, but they should give you an idea of how a frame lock works.

framelock2_zps47659ffa.jpg

framelock_zpsffc9eab0.jpg

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I"ll have to check one of these out next time I run into you. I've had my eye on this model for a while now. I loved the MPR, but it's just a little too small for my big ass hands. Siebert's designs are sweet.

Midwest Chick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Thanks for the information!! There's a lot of reasons you're my 'go-to' guy for my blades and this is one of them! I definitely now see the difference between a liner lock and a frame lock. So I guess I need to, at the very least, check it out at the next show and will probably get in line for one once I've seen it--you know me and knives--can't resist. I have been watching the video about it on the Benchmade site for at least a month.

This knife is a bolster release instead of a button release like your Boker. Your button release (push button) serves two purposes, the blade release and the blade lock up (button lock). Because of the dual action design on this Benchmade, to close the blade you unlock the frame lock which is similar to a liner lock with the difference being the frame moves over to lock against the blade tang instead of a liner between the frame moving over against the blade tang. Frame locks are considered one of the strongest locking designs for a folding knife and with this one being titanium makes it even better. If you look at the first picture below, you will see how the backside of the frame has been cut. Also, there is a cut out on the inside of towards the bottom. This cut out is what gives that part of the frame the spring action necessary to move over to the blade tang when the blade is being opened. Picture 2 shows the end result (the lock up) of the frame lock after the blade has been opened. Obviously these pictures are not the Benchmade knife that I'm talking about, but they should give you an idea of how a frame lock works.

framelock2_zps47659ffa.jpg

framelock_zpsffc9eab0.jpg

Top Bottom