• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpiritClump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2015
    Middlebury
    That's interesting he wanted to keep that part out of it. I'm sure there are millions of people with ancestors who owned slaves or even other things that would be considered morally wrong today. Things were different then. I'm glad things have changed, I'm just saying that was the norm in the 1800's.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    henry-louis-gates-arrest-300x244.jpg
    Gates said since he lost his job,he may have to go back to breaking into houses.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Ben has to be ostracized for his slave owner blood. He is rife with culpaability for things peoiple did hundreds of years ago !!!!

(Says the man whose family came here in the 1930's)

No surprise though, Ben is a douche and Boston is one of the most racist cities in the world.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Apparently, Ben Can'tAct has come out as a believer in Original Sin.
    That alone should alienate him from the rest of the idiots who populate much of Hollyweird.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apparently, Ben Can'tAct has come out as a believer in Original Sin.

Best line in "Team America" song "Pearl Harbor Sucked",

"I need you more than Ben Affleck needs acting school...He was terrible in that film
    I need you more than Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part
    He's way better than Ben Affleck."

I literally guffawed at the Theater when I heard that...It was the first time I realized he can't really act......

[video=youtube;2z3GJiZqDCI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z3GJiZqDCI[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My point was that as a liberal it will just go away, but had a conservative done the same thing they would be crucified.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    My point was that as a liberal it will just go away, but had a conservative done the same thing they would be crucified.

Yep, and crucified both ways: 1) for trying to keep his family history of owning slaves hidden, and 2) for actually having that history to begin with.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    From the article
    “How does Affleck’s reluctance to discuss his personal connection to the slave-owning past make him different from 200 million or so other white Americans, who seem overwhelmingly and suspiciously eager to consign that entire topic to the historical oubliette, the category of Stuff That Doesn’t Matter Anymore and Maybe Never Did?”
    I absolutely refuse to be responsible for what someone in my ancestry did 6 generations ago.

Top Bottom