• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Hey guys, I am looking for a belt to aid in CC. I would like to stick to a leather belt. Mine are to soft and not was wide as Id like for the J-hooks on my holsters. Also I was wanting to go and by it somewhere around locally. I know crossbreed and others make good ones you can order but would rather pay cash and not pay for shipping. My first thought is does bradis II have anything like it? I have been over there for a while.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I got my belt at the 1500. There are several dealers that come with leather belts thick enough for carrying.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Check out the next 1500 - there is company called bullhide belts there that can probably hook you up. Indiana based company and the belts are plenty thick for carrying a firearm.

YJBrian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Outside the Loop
    [+1

I pcked up a customized belt from the bullhidebelts.com guy a few 1500's ago. Got the brown bullhide with rolled lines rather than stiching. I have not had any other cary belts, but this is the best belt I have owned.

Check out the next 1500 - there is company called bullhide belts there that can probably hook you up. Indiana based company and the belts are plenty thick for carrying a firearm.

Last edited:

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    Check out Hobby Lobby in their leather section, theyve got belt blanks and buckles, if you take a punch/drill/knife you can make your own holes. The belts are solid leather, no particle leather/pleather BS, its solid. You can coat it/paint it however you want besides, and they're only $8 which is nothing. I plan on getting some more.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    bullhidebelts.com

I have been using a bullhide daily since feb. They hold up my pants even with my tool belt attached. I had a chicago screw come loose and lost it. At the last show the man had them with him and used a little locktite on it and fixed it up. I had to order mine because he was always out of my size at the show ( I am a sunday 1500 attender.) I have the black and next on the list is a brown. Best deal at the 1500.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The bullhide belts looks really nice. Might have to check these out if I ever decide to go to a 1500.

I ordered and use a gun belt from the beltman. It is a very nice belt and I am very happy with the quality and service. I have found that even when I pocket carry the use of a good belt helps to keep my pants up. Keep in mind that when using an IWB holster the retention of the gun comes in part from the belt. So a good 1.5" double thick belt is in order. A 1.5" wide belt will fit all of my OWB holsters, my fobus paddle holsers, and my Comp-Tac holster. Only problem I have is with the cheap nylon IWB holsters as the clips are not wide enough. Easy fix is to just not buy any of those.

Last edited:

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I checked out the Bullhide belts and in comparison to my Beltman, they aren't as stiff and if felt like the leather stretched when I pulled on it hard, so I didn't purchase one.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I have a belt man and a wilderness Instructor belt with the poly insert.
    I almost never wear the beltman belt. The wilderness tacticle has been a great belt for about 3 years now and it still looks new

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Gun Belts by The Belt Man

Not the cheapest, but very high quality. I don't know of any local shops with a good selection of gun belts, unless you want cowboy-tooled or nylon operator's belts.

+1 I just bought two belts from the beltman. We love them! We bought the horsehide. My husband wanted cordovan color, and it is not quite as red as he'd like, but we both love them! Excellent quality.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom