• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'd seen where someone was making these a few years ago and I started looking for them tonight. I found the guy on glocktalk. Another WIZARD in the making? - Glock Talk

I'm getting an 8 ball and they're $15 shipped. I tried a dillon roller handle and didn't care for it on my lnl ap. The stock ball is rubbing my palm raw after several hundred cranks.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    That's cool. I made my own once for an old jeep. Took the ball drilled a hole about an inch deep. Then I epoxied in a piece of steel tube that I tapped to the correct thread size for the shifter. My new 4x4 toy has demilled grenades threaded to the transfer case shifters..

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Hey - I wonder if you could get one of those skull style Rat Fink shifter heads to put on your press. Ebay... here I come. That would be SWEET !

ANeat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    SW Ohio
    Hey guys, Im the guys that make/sells the billiard ball handles. If youre interested in doing your own its a 5/8-18 thread on most of the reloading press's that have a thread on ball. There are a couple of odd ones. RCBS made some that were 1/2-13 threads, and of course Lee's wooden ball is just glued on.

I generally sell 8 balls but If the demand is there Ill order in whatever folks want.

DSC01459.jpg

DSC01465.jpg

DSC01467.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Glad you found the sight. Hopefully my thread is a good plug for you. For the price, I won't even attempt to make one. I've got a lee classic cast as well that I need yo make a new handle for. Once I do, I'll order another ball. My money order will go out to you tomorrow. Thanks!

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Looks like he just threaded the pool ball....even a better idea than gluing a piece of pipe in there. They look good.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    IndianaResident...The grenade would look cool on the loader, but I think it would be a little hard on the hand. I first put a grenade on my shifter. After a day of trail riding my hand felt like I had a live grenade go off in it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Got my 8 ball today! I won't be able to try it out much til Sunday but I can already tell that it's going to be a 1000% improvement over the stock ball.

8fddbc17.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Now I'm jealous....Where are you getting these from. Does the maker have a website or just PM him?

The maker is actually the poster in post #6. You can try pm'ing him here but I don't know how much he frequents here. I found him on glocktalk. I just ran 200 through the press and the ball is very smooth. The stock ball is fine for a few hundred rounds but if you run several hundred through a day for a couple days, the rib on the stock ball really rubs my palm raw. I tried a dillon
    Roller handle and didn't like the ergonomics at all.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Thanks I sent him a PM. I don't use glocktalk. The ball on my Dillon doesn't have a rib but I think a bigger ball might be cool and that skull is pretty neat. I guess I could just make my own, but I don't have a hookup on free pool balls anymore.

The maker is actually the poster in post #6. You can try pm'ing him here but I don't know how much he frequents here. I found him on glocktalk. I just ran 200 through the press and the ball is very smooth. The stock ball is fine for a few hundred rounds but if you run several hundred through a day for a couple days, the rib on the stock ball really rubs my palm raw. I tried a dillon
    Roller handle and didn't like the ergonomics at all.

Top Bottom