• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    And 3 other states. Not a beer drinker myself, but my wife really likes their products. Too bad she'll have to go all the way to Ohio (Jungle Jim's) to get her fix in the future. Seems like a bad business move to me. If you're selling loads of product, you expand, not contract. Oh, well.

Thanks For Understanding | Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales

It's about being able to meet the supply and demand, they are a smaller brewery that has been hit with a large increase of sales of their product.

They have two choice, expand by contracting out to other brewers (which ultimately they loose quality and control) or make a decision to mortgage their future through a massive expansion.

The first is simple, they want to keep all brewing responsibilities to themselves, the second requires them to make extensive upgrades that in the blink of a eye with the economy being the way it is, bankrupt them.

Sometimes subtracting is needed in order to add.

BTW, I'm sad to see it happen because I've touched more than a few cases of their product delivering it throughout the state.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Indybeerman has it right. They were having a lot of problem keeping the beer available, and bar owners (and I suspect distributors as well) hate not being able to have a steady stable product offering. Vacant taps and empty shelves don't make them any money. I like their beer and I'm sorry it'll be harder to get it though.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    . . . so we are closing shop.:D Got to love PR guys, always putting a happy face on bad news.

Not closing shop Kirk, just trying to get the explosive growth under control.

After all, would you rather have a company come right out and let you know why they are reining it in, or just pull the plug cold turkey and leave plenty of unanswered question that will cause a lot of doubt when the product can once again hit the pipeline to the affected areas.

It takes more balls to be right up front and truthful to the public about a problem than to just shrug it off and let the public fester because they can't get the product they want.

chefnick7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Monticello Indiana
    Try joining beeradvocate.... I trade beer with people from all over the country. Three Floyds, Upland, crown brewing make good trade barter and you can pick up cheap in indy.

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I had the Sun King cream ale and thought it tasted like skim milk... not much flavor and thin. Now the Wee Mac is a whole different story. That stuff is great!!

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    same happened with New Glarus (WI) pulling out of Chicago. Chicago was just drinking to much of the stuff. But now, it's fun to go on a road trip and fill up a van of stuff to bring back. Feels kinda like Smokey n the Bandit but with less mustache.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Its a smart business decision, expansion too fast can be disasterous. Just use Steve and Barrys as a prime example. Started small, exploded and expanded too fast, too much debt to keep up, and it ends in a bankrupt business and a loss of $$ and jobs.

Top Bottom