• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bull13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hamilton Cty
    Is a Rem 700 in .223 worth bedding the action, and floating the forend. And, I'd like to do it myself with a kit I saw from Sinclair. Anyone see an issue with that? Or should I leave that to pro?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Yes it's worth doing. You can do it yourself if you take the time to do it properly. You don't need to buy a kit, just head for your local marine (as in boating) supply store and pick up a small jar of Marine Tex epoxy. You can use a variety of things for a release agent and you'll need a small amount of modeling clay (play dough will work).

Here's a pretty decent tutorial Randy put up on his website. He built my .308 and knows what he's doing.

R+D Precision - DIY

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Bedding the action definitely helped my 700 in 243. It will now shoot even smaller groups than before I bedded it, which I didn't think was possible. I used the Pro-Bed 2000 kit from Midway USA. Bedding Kit

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I've used the Pro-Bed kit and Brownell's AcraGlass kits. Personally, I like the AcraGlass Gel kit. It's got a real smooth texture and is somewhat thick to work with. The best part...it comes with brown and black dye to match most stocks. It also comes with a nice little blue bottle of release agent which works great. The ProBed kit had a wax like release agent which I didn't care for. There are lots of information on bedding...just do a search. I'll be bedding my Howa 1500 .308 in the next couple of weeks.

Top Bottom