• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I was watching an episode of Southland last night, and one of the cops shot a perp with a Beanbag from a shotgun. So, needless to say, where can I get one of these? Or can you even purchase one? I think that would be a great addition to a collection...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'd be willing to say that if you point a shotgun at someone and pull the trigger, you'd better be justified in using deadly force regardless of the load.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    They can kill a person if they hit the right spot.

For those split second decisions when you may actually need to fire to save a life, you might as well use real ammo and do the job right.

These were intended for riot control and other such things.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I see. That makes more sense. Retard me thought it was a special gun. Thanks for the info.

There is or was a bean bag gun that used compressed air to fire a true bean bag projectile. My quick "Google" search didn't turn it up though and remember it from Ralph 'Papa' Thorson Bounty Hunter fame

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I remember a few years ago the cops in Redkey brought down a mentally disturbed subject with beanbag shells. While he wasn't pleased about it, to the best of my knowledge he's still with us. I was impressed at their discretion.

T712

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    A friend of mine actually bought some of those bean bag shells from ammunitiontogo (just for kicks), and at some point we are going to shoot one or two, just to see how they perform. If it's anytime soon, I'll let you know how it went.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I carry Super-Socks for my Remington 870. They can lethal if used improperly. You must not fire at the head OR over the heart. A hit over the heart could stop it. Hits are only good in the soft belly/gut area. They are basically a primered powered sock filled with lead shot. It is the kinetic equalivalant of being struck with a major league fast ball.

Top Bottom