• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    There is a news story. This was in the the Saturday Bloomington HT. According to BPD, Jeremy Eugene Breeden, 22, 9699 W. Carter Road, was arrested Thursday by Bloomington police and charged with prohibited sale or transfer of a handgun. The police alleged that he sold a 40 cal handgun to a CI who was posing as a convicted felon. No mention of the BATFE, however.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    There is a news story. This was in the the Saturday Bloomington HT. According to BPD, Jeremy Eugene Breeden, 22, 9699 W. Carter Road, was arrested Thursday by Bloomington police and charged with prohibited sale or transfer of a handgun. The police alleged that he sold a 40 cal handgun to a CI who was posing as a convicted felon. No mention of the BATFE, however.

Ahh so the cops set him up. He was dumb arse for even playing that game. There goes that LTCH.....bye bye

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Assuming a private seller chose to be proactive, how would a gun seller take a person's bonafides and feed them to the NICS? I know that I have no idea how to phone up NICS and run someone through their intestines for a yay/nay declaration. I'd assume they have some kind of seller registration system like most websites, and without a NICS user ID code, they wouldn't even take the call. This remotely accurate?

And this Jerry Breeden's screwed. It doesn't take any great character to tell someone who says they're a convicted felon that you're not gonna sell them a gun, and he didn't even have that much character.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Since I am not able to read this story...did the CI claim to be a "convicted felon".

On a side note, I don't even know how we can charge people with the intent to sell to a convicted felon when the guy is not actually a convicted felon. I know there are laws but, this is stoooopid.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Did it say how "buyer" and seller were put in contact with each other?

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

The article doesn't say the buyer was "posing" to be a convicted felon it said that the CI told Breeden he was a convicted felon.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Here's the short story that was in the Herald Times. It was found in the Police News.

PROHIBITED GUN SALE

• 1:30 p.m. Thursday, police were called to a report of a man sleeping in a laundry room at Canterbury Apartments. Police had been investigating this man after he allegedly sold a .40-caliber handgun to a confidential informant, who said he was a convicted felon, in October 2013, according to Bloomington police Sgt. Joe Crider. Jeremy Eugene Breeden, 22, 9699 W. Carter Road, was arrested Thursday by Bloomington police on a preliminary charge of prohibited sale or transfer to of a firearm to a convicted felon. He was booked into Monroe County Jail at 2:04 p.m. Bond set at $10,000 surety, $500 cash, but is on a hold for probation.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    The buyer...which was a convicted felon (CI), Im sure was arrested for possessing a firearm, right? :dunno: Dont believe there is anything in Indiana code that says its ok to possess a firearm and be a felon even though you are a CI for the Police. Surely the police didnt give this felon permission to possess a firearm (they dont have the authority to even do that).

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    On the contrary, while involved in a lawfully sanctioned "sting" operation otherwise "illegal" activity can be engaged in while under supervision.
    I.E... Narcotics buys, Firearms buys and the like.

Top Bottom