• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    Not good for sportsman. Cabela's has been my go to for a long time and the competition between them Bass Pro, Gander, ect has been good for us. Cabela's always seemed to have the higher end sporting goods, and gear. While Bass pro seemed to have less expensive options on similar items. I for one was always willing to pay more for USA made gear that Cabela's carried. This may be tied into the fact that Dick Cabela passed away last year also.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hope it ain't true. In my opinion bad once again buys good and ruins good. Gosh ....I still miss galyans.

I miss Galyan's also, absolutely loved going to the original store in Plainfield when I was a kid.

I'm 50/50 between Bass Pro and Cabela's. I seem to find more of what I'm after at Bass Pro which is usually camo clothing.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I see what you did there....we used to ask new female Soldiers if they had been to Ft. Dix NJ.
    IE: Did they like Dix?
    How big was Dix?
    Did they enjoy Dix?
    How long had they been on Dix?
    The joke was endless!!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why cant the better store ever buy the crappy one? It seems like these mergers always make the final product worse.

As I recall, Galyans actually had decent prices for a big box. And you could buy handguns from them. Now? Not so much. I find rare deals, but for the most part Im not impressed with Dicks.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Every time I goto Dicks I always leave with with a bad taste in my mouth.

Their associates are always in a hurry to get off work, never want to answer any questions and when you complain they act like you're a pain in their butts.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    With their sparse, understocked, and understaffed firearms department, I never really think of Dick's for anything firearms-related. The only good I get out of them is for my son's golf gear.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bass Pro completely and totally sucks compared to Cabelas, both in terms of selection and price. And I live less than 10 minutes from the Clarksville BPS.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Cabelas Club Member since 1995. This will not be good! There's nothing wrong with Bass Pro in my mind, but I hate to lose a great store to a good one. What will happen to my 70+ item wish list. I see a buying spree coming on.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Every time I goto Dicks I always leave with with a bad taste in my mouth.

Their associates are always in a hurry to get off work, never want to answer any questions and when you complain they act like you're a pain in their butts.

Than why go back? I had my issues with the store and have not been back. I'm not a Dicks Store hater, customer service was poor gave them a chance to make it right and they didn't.

Top Bottom