• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Green-Sullivan SF, down a little south of Terre Haute.

We go fishing down there a few times each summer. You can get online and get maps of the entire area. I'm pretty sure all the lakes are elec motor only, some are good size, some are 1/2 acre and smaller. They're all dirt/gravel ramps, so a smaller jon boat works well. You could easliy fish every weekend, all summer and not cover all the pits. Some areas look like you've stepped into the Canadian wilderness, it's very nice.

There are a couple of the larger pits that used to get stocked every spring with rainbow trout, I don't know for sure if they still stock there. We usually catch trout, bass, bluegill and some crappie. We've caught a few catfish as well, just don't target them often. One of the lakes is supposedly stocked with muskie, we've just never tried to catch any.

I think the stocking normally happens end of March/early April, might want to check DNR website for current stocking info.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I forgot to mention, I think there is several places around the area to camp. Same with hiking trails, I'm pretty sure there are trails around the property too.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've enjoyed Yellowwood State Forest. See the map posted above. It is down near Brown County State Park. Nice little camping areas, a lake right there (and another a short drive away), and several trails. Electric motors only, and they rent rowboats and canoes.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Summit Lake near New Castle isnt bad. You will have to work to catch bass, but it has a great fish population. The camping facilities are nice and from the outside look to be near new. It has a ton of trails, good ramps for boats, and a nice beach. The bad part is, is that is an idle only lake so no running but all sized boats are welcome. I fish there almost every weekend so if you happen to go let me know, I might be able to help with finding fish.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    +1 for Summit Lake, great camping, great fishing, and Wilbur Wright just down the road for shooting. Also try Monroe Lake and hike the Hoosier National Forest.

crawfish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    south indy
    Cloverdale, cataract lake there is a damn and spillway on one side and falls on the other side water was down bad last year. Camping can be done at leiber state park.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Good fishing at summit lake but hiking is terrible. All flats and covered in goose poo. DNR is exceptionally bothersome there. Have been multiple times in past few years and between over zealous DNR and stinking trails I have marked it off my list. Check out lake patoka for hikes and fishing

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    summit lake is a nice lake and camping is very nice in the fall weather.my wife and i fish this lake often mainly in the summer months.we don't catch lots of fish but we have fun and she doesn't have any problems backing the boat in and parking the truck[lots of room]. have all the paper work and saftey vests and be ready to get checked out by the dnr.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom