• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bogartpar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Gas City
    Looking for threads or websites that can help me learn about barrel removal. Also interested in finding information on capable gunsmiths in Indiana or other states who can remove barrels such as Winchester 1894's and 1873's. I know just enough about the subject that bigger hammers are no:drawt the easy fix. I really appreciate those of you who are willing to take your valuable time to give me suggestions, Thanks Bogartpar :draw: Love those little guys.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Something like this. Its a barrel vise made by bob pastor, top quality, i just got mine in the mail today and am even more amazed by it once i put my hands on it.

Viper20Barrel20Viseweb.jpg

Viper20Barrel20Vise1web.jpg

I dont know about the specifics w/ the winchesters but w/ that barrel vise and a custom made action wrench to fit that action... (really just two flats)
    some lead flashing for non marring shimming material and i cant imagine you would not be able to get them to seperate.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I have never done it, just found that through Google. I assumed it was okay due to the last step: 6 of 6
    Tilt the wood grip off the front of the barrel and pull it away. The barrel is now free.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Something like this. Its a barrel vise made by bob pastor, top quality, i just got mine in the mail today and am even more amazed by it once i put my hands on it.

Viper20Barrel20Viseweb.jpg

Viper20Barrel20Vise1web.jpg

I dont know about the specifics w/ the winchesters but w/ that barrel vise and a custom made action wrench to fit that action... (really just two flats)
    some lead flashing for non marring shimming material and i cant imagine you would not be able to get them to seperate.

thats defintally nicier than my barrel vise.

on a only winchester i would THINK a barrelvise could be made pretty easily

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have never done it, just found that through Google. I assumed it was okay due to the last step: 6 of 6
    Tilt the wood grip off the front of the barrel and pull it away. The barrel is now free.

Nah, thats just removing the wood forend, not getting the barrell off.

Top Bottom