• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I recently bought a saiga .223 with the 20.5 inch barrel (longer barrel for accuracy i thought). But I have been reading that the shorter barrel is actually the more accurate one? Doesn't make sense to me, but I've heard crazier things. Any of you Saiga fans out there got some info to help me out?

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    not that I have heard.....
    Siagas will eat any .223 ammo.... performance can vary greatly depending on ammo....
    (ex. I shoot match grade through a 16 inch barrel and you are shooting wolf black box through the 20 in... Match grade will most likely perform better....)
    (Edit: Unless there is a difference in rate of twist that I was unaware of.....)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I recently bought a saiga .223 with the 20.5 inch barrel (longer barrel for accuracy i thought). But I have been reading that the shorter barrel is actually the more accurate one? Doesn't make sense to me

Read this, paying special attention to the paragraphs under the second picture:
    SWAT Article BARREL LENGTH

Now, that article is obviously talking about precision rifles, but the same physics apply in a carbine.

HTH!

Top Bottom