Barack Obama is the best thing that has happened to America in the last 100 years.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dman65

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Indianapolis

Barack Obama has awakened a sleeping nation
    Gary Hubbell
    Aspen Times Weekly February 2010

Barack Obama is the best thing that has happened to America in the last 100 years. Truly, he is the savior of America 's future. He is the best thing ever.

Despite the fact that he has some of the lowest approval ratings among recent presidents, history will see Barack Obama as the source of America 's resurrection. Barack Obama has plunged the country into levels of debt that we could not have previously imagined; his efforts to nationalize health care have been met with fierce resistance nationwide; TARP bailouts and stimulus spending have shown little positive effect on the national economy; unemployment is unacceptably high and looks to remain that way for most of a decade; legacy entitlement programs have ballooned to unsustainable levels, and there is a seething anger in the populace.

That's why Barack Obama is such a good thing for America .

Obama is the symbol of a creeping liberalism that has infected our society like a cancer for the last 100 years. Just as Hitler is the face of fascism, Obama will go down in history as the face of unchecked liberalism. The cancer metastasized to the point where it could no longer be ignored.

Average Americans who have quietly gone about their lives, earning a paycheck, contributing to their favorite charities, going to high school football games on Friday night, spending their weekends at the beach or on hunting trips - they've gotten off the fence. They've woken up. There is a level of political activism in this country that we haven't seen since theAmerican Revolution, and Barack Obama has been the catalyst that has sparked a restructuring of the American political and social consciousness.

Think of the crap we've slowly learned to tolerate over the past 50 years as liberalism sought to re-structure the America that was the symbol of freedom and liberty to all the people of the world. Immigration laws were ignored on the basis of compassion. Welfare policies encouraged irresponsibility, the fracturing of families, and a cycle of generations of dependency. Debt was regarded as a tonic to lubricate the economy. Our children left school having been taught that they are exceptional and special, while great numbers of them cannot perform basic functions of mathematics and literacy. Legislators decided that people could not be trusted to defend their own homes, and stripped citizens of their rights to own firearms. Productive members of society have been penalized with a heavy burden of taxes in order to support legions of do-nothings who loll around, reveling in their addictions, obesity, indolence, ignorance and "disabilities." Criminals have been arrested and re-arrested, coddled and set free to pillage the citizenry yet again. Lawyers routinely extort fortunes from doctors, contractors and business people with dubious torts.

We slowly learned to tolerate these outrages, shaking our heads in disbelief, and we went on with our lives.

But Barack Obama has ripped the lid off a seething cauldron of dissatisfaction and unrest.

A former Communist is given a paid government position in the White House as an advisor to the president. Auto companies are taken over by the government, and the auto workers' union - whose contracts are completely insupportable in any economic sense - is rewarded with a stake in the company. Government bails out Wall Street investment bankers and insurance companies, who pay their executives outrageous bonuses as thanks for the public support. Terrorists are read their Miranda rights and given free lawyers. And, despite overwhelming public disapproval, Barack Obama has pushed forward with a health care plan that would re-structure one-sixth of the American economy.

Literally millions of Americans have had enough. They're organizing, they're studying the Constitution and the Federalist Papers, they're reading history and case law, they're showing up at rallies and meetings, and a slew of conservative candidates are throwing their hats into the ring. Is there a revolution brewing? Yes, in the sense that there is a keen awareness that our priorities and sensibilities must be radically re-structured. Will it be a violent revolution? No. It will be done through the interpretation of the original document that has guided us for 220 years - the Constitution. Just as the pendulum swung to embrace political correctness and liberalism, there will be a backlash, a complete repudiation of a hundred years of nonsense. A hundred years from now, history will perceive the year 2010 as the time when America got back on the right track. And for that, we can thank Barack Hussein Obama.

Gary Hubbell is a hunter, rancher, and former hunting and fly-fishing guide. Gary works as a Colorado ranch real estate broker. He can be reached through his website, aspenranchrealestate.com

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I agree that people are starting to wake up, but it's not enough yet. Too many people still think that the answer lies in the Republican party, and Progressive policies of past "conservatives."

We've been a one party government for 100 years. It's going to take a bigger push to get us to wake up and notice that voting for a big government Democrat or a big government Republican still gets us to the same place.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I'm just glad that after November, one party will not control the political branches of government. At least then we will have some sort of voice, and Congress and the POTUS will have no choice but to listen to us.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We'll see said the Zen Master....

:yesway:

I expected large turnouts in the primaries due to the supposed anger sweeping the country. Some states had record lows. The masses are angry but apparently not enough to actually do anything. That or they don't think there is any difference in the 2 parties, so they think voting is a waste of time. THe way Steele and many of the GOP leaders talk, they still don't get it.

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    Just as the pendulum swung to embrace political correctness and liberalism, there will be a backlash, a complete repudiation of a hundred years of nonsense. A hundred years from now, history will perceive the year 2010 as the time when America got back on the right track

I have the same feelings as the author about the pedulum swinging more conservative

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I was saying something similar to that before the election: If we're gonna go down the road of full-on liberalism and enslavement, let's do it once and for all. The frog-in-the-pot method used by Republicans would have been worse.

OP, is there a link? I'd like to share it with another online community.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Obamacare is law my friend. There is no stopping it.

The only way to repeal it is for Republicans to take a super majority of all 3 branches the same way the Dems did and force through legislation repealing it.

The only downside is that you'll have Republicans passing whatever spending bill they want, and changing whatever laws to suite their Socially Conservative Progressive Agenda.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Sure, people are angry. Yet we'll see liberal's stay in power if enough people employ a tactic that has no chance of success by embracing third parties. For now, Republicans can outvote third party members so there is still a good chance of regaining a congressional majority. However, if the liberal opposition stays so divided it will be a short lived victory.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Obamacare is powerless anyway. It doesn't have any real power and it's not a stepping stone to anything else as far as I'm concerned.

Obamacare is essentially the same thing as Bush's Medicare Part D.

Medicare Part D, under the guise of providing "free" prescription drugs to the elderly, is really just a massive transfer of taxpayer money to drug companies.

Obamacare, under the guise of providing "free" healthcare to (almost) everyone, is really just a massive tranfer of taxpayer money to insurance companies.

In both cases, the corporate interests involved pulled all the strings and got an enormously expensive piece of legislation that serves their corporate interests more than anyone else's.

Welcome to America Inc., the new Corporate Superpower.

People who think that electing Republicans instead of Democrats is going to fix this mess are dangerously deluded.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    We really need to get the liberals out of the federal government regardless of whether they are democrat or republican. The great compromisers like Graham and McCain and a few others are just as bad in many ways as are Reid and Pelosi and Boxer and Feinstein and Shumer and Waters and Jesse Jackson Jr and many others. As long as they are in office, they will continue to just screw us over. Remember that their retirements are huge and are guaranteed and that they are on their own health care programs which are not like our socail security and the health care that they are shoving up our....er down our throats. They will not set term limits for themselves and that crap that elections set term limits is crap because many people just keep getting elected over and over and over because they bring home to pork to their constituents. We all say that we need to get the bad ones out of office, but we keep re-electing our own scumbags because they are locally popular for whatever reason. The last time the republicans were in power, they did almost nothing, but fight amonst themselves. Newt did keep his contract with America. He did bring all those items to the floor for discussion, but how much of it really got implemented---not much at all. Just something to think about and just my two cents.

technobear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    what really sucks about the political situation is that in general it is broken.
    Its broken because we have allowed it to break.
    And its broken because washington and every state capitol is filled with people that are out for themselves and not thier voters. Its broken because a vote does not directly effect the result, and its broken because in this age of technology, where communication is easier than ever, our politicians DO NOT ask for our opinions or desires AFTER theyve been elected to office. Something needs to change. But what? Unfortunately there is no ONE GOOD solution for the problem.. The left can point right, the right can point left. but the fact of the matter is that its the entire system that is the problem. not just one side not just one facet. the whole thing. /rant

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Obamacare is essentially the same thing as Bush's Medicare Part D.

Medicare Part D, under the guise of providing "free" prescription drugs to the elderly, is really just a massive transfer of taxpayer money to drug companies.

Obamacare, under the guise of providing "free" healthcare to (almost) everyone, is really just a massive tranfer of taxpayer money to insurance companies.

In both cases, the corporate interests involved pulled all the strings and got an enormously expensive piece of legislation that serves their corporate interests more than anyone else's.

Welcome to America Inc., the new Corporate Superpower.

People who think that electing Republicans instead of Democrats is going to fix this mess are dangerously deluded.

Agreed on all accounts.

Corporatism =/= capitalism.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    " Barack Obama is the best thing that has happened to America in the last 100 years "

I fully agree !! I said that he was the best thing for the country for the last 50 for sometime now . My biggest fear is that we will get more republicans in the fall ... that they will be mostly RINO's as in the past and that the people will go back to sleep just like they did when Bush JR. got in and it's the " same old song and dance .. my friends "
    I don't share the optimism that the country will we regain our former freedom and glory as a totally free people .

The Big O is part of the reason that people are mad ... congress it the real reason ... the Prez can do nothing without congress going along ....
    This what I see with people .. I was involved in the Patriot Militia movement in the 90's . Than makes me nothing special .. I just was around at a variety of public and private meetings to participate and observe ...

This " Tea Party " movement is really a bunch of what I call the " 401k Casualties " they got interested in the fate of the nation AFTER their retirement accounts blew up in the 2008 melt down to the tune of 25 to 35% .
    WE're real mad .. and by the way we care about the Constitution now too .

( where were they before the 2008 crash ... this situation did not happen over night )

There are some of the TP's that really do care about the fate of the nation ... a whole lot just care about THEIR
    401 , social security , their medicare , their pension .. not even what may fall upon THEIR posterity .

NO there is not enough pain yet for true change As an instructor told me .. " Pain is a motivator .. Extreme pain is and extreme motivator "
    He's right ... it's the human condition .

We will see hope I'm wrong ...

Top Bottom