• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I was watching Ax Men the other day just to see if the walrus boat owner was going to get chomped by the "monster" gator.

They ended up having a gator hunter use a .45 bangstick on the cute little critter.

One FTF followed by instant lights out.

Are Bangsticks classified as firearms? Any special rules to own or purchase?
    I had heard of them using shotgun shells but never a pistol round in them.
    Wouldn't you think there would be some dipstick cutting the handle off and using them to off their enemies (Clancy fan here).

I had never seen one used before
    so I was rather impressed by lack of noise and lack of drama involved in the "kill".
    No final throes or excess muss or fuss. Maybe it was because it was floating and tied but it just suprised me that it just went lights out and still. Too much hollywood I suppose I expected the limp drama drop we see from a headshot in the movies. Or the heavy collapse from a rifle shot on a hunters cam.

Oh well that was just a few thoughts about reality vs the movies. I know the difference but still the contrast was worth a blurb.

Good day people
    C

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i know pen guns are classified as firearms. kinda was like a pen gun on the end of a rod. id say yes its a firearm. but who knows since it was for animal stuff. it was cool how that big gator bit the dust by the hands of some little stick. i was hoping hed get him an arm before he went to the big lizard playground, lol

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Anything that fires like a gun, but doesn't have the appearance of a gun is an AOW (cane guns, pen-guns, briefcase guns etc.).

ETA, upon further investigation, if it is permanently attached to a spear-shaft giving an OAL at least 18" it is not considered a firearm.... Interesting...

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I remember now, all it took was a little research to refresh my memory. A "bang stick" or "power head" is sometimes a firearm:n00b: If the part that holds the cartridge is permanently affixed (welded) to a shaft greater than 18 inches in length, it is NOT a firearm. If the part that holds the cartridge is NOT attached to a shaft, then it is a smoothbore handgun which is regulated by the NFA as an AOW, due to the absence of rifling on a handgun.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    They used some on deadliest warrior or mythbusters I think, cant remember which show, but they put them on the end of an arrow and shot a suit of armor. It was pretty cool.

Top Bottom