Ban guns in the military! Who's with me?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    daley.jpg

The Mayor is using a straw-man argument that conveniently provides him with an opportunity to politicize the terrorist attack as part and parcel with America’s love of guns.

Mayor Daley, and other politicians, like to blame gun violence on the guns themselves because that is so much easier than admitting any inconvenient (politically incorrect) truths which might be revealed if they were to place blame where it belongs.

Kids murdering each other in the inner city? That’s because of guns, not the War On Drugs which turns poor children into black market drug distributing gang members.

Islamists murdering people while shouting Allah Akbar? That’s because of guns, not the Jihad being perpetrated globally against all so called “infidels”.

They blame guns because guns don’t vote.

Taking Mayor Daley at face value for a moment, is he seriously arguing for increased gun control on a military base? If there had been more guns around, this ticking Jihad bomb could have been put down a lot faster than he was.

With no pogrom backlash after 9/11, no pogrom backlash after Bali, no pogrom backlash after Madrid, no pogrom backlash after London, no pogrom backlash after Mumbai, no backlash after countless other Jihad attacks, why would there be any reason to believe the reaction would be any different in this case? As we have written before, the West has already passed this particular civility test.
    :rolleyes:

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Lead by example!!!

If he wants to start a movement then he needs to have his security detail give up their weapons. Oh and also all political figures that come to Chicago must comply with this also. (Like this would happen) :rockwoot:

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Let's just teach our military personnel to shout harsh language at our enemies on the field of combat. I mean, let'em shout out some really politically incorrect terminology in the general direction of their soldiers.
    THAT ought to bring an end to hostilities and bring them to the bargaining table.:rolleyes:

Example: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs[/ame]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just wait till the suicide bombings start. :rolleyes:

If this were to happen (suicide bombing) it would not be good for the anti-gun 'people'. IMO it would have the opposing effect. The US :sheep: would experience first hand that on one but yourself can protect you from an attack. We may actually see an even bigger increase in firearm purchases, ammo shortages, and dare I say (in the longer term) a push for less anti-gun laws.

But I think the probability of a suicide bombing in the states is very low. The sleeper cells that are in the US are probably be here for much bigger targets then the suicide bombings of Iraq/Afganh...

I think that terrorist would get more bang for then life by going after bigger targets that would scare the US :sheep:. AKA malls, sporting events, rock concerts, etc...

Top Bottom