• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That 6oz bottle is the aerosol, they make a 16oz that needs a pump and it runs about 9 dollars.

Yup, you can even dillute the bigger bottle because its non aerosol. I bought a couple of those on a order to midway a while back and have barely used much of hte first bottle. I just spray liberally all over the gun, let it sit for a couple minutes, scrub with tooth brush if need be, then wipe off.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Yup, you can even dillute the bigger bottle because its non aerosol. I bought a couple of those on a order to midway a while back and have barely used much of hte first bottle. I just spray liberally all over the gun, let it sit for a couple minutes, scrub with tooth brush if need be, then wipe off.
    Did yours come with the spray head?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    spray it into the chamber/lug area of your dirty AR and let it sit for an hour, then pour some boiling water into it to rince it out and you will be amazed how clean it can get.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have been impressed with Ballistol as a lubricant. As I said I used it on knives. I spent the last two days using it to clean two pistols. I have to say I'm going back to solvent. I even tried putting Ballistol on and leaving it over night but I'm not getting great results.

Mark in GA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    I stick with Hoppe's #9 for a general solvent, but after that cuts the crud I go over everything with Ballistol. I stinks pretty bad but the results speak for themselves.

Mark in GA

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    It is great for black powder. I clean my Hawkin with hot water and Murphy's Oil Soap first then follow with undiluted Ballistol. Dry patch the bore once and wipe the exterior lightly with Ballistol, put it away. Never any rust and the bore seems more resistant to fowling. This is with Goex black powder, not the substitutes.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Applied Ballistics in Lafayette stocks Ballistol. Stan talked me into trying it, and I am the kind of guy that does not get too impressed with the latest and greatest "snake oil". I tried some as a general cleaner, and it worked great, even on a filthy, neglected pistol. The stuff really does work as good or better than anything I have tried. A little goes a long way also.

Top Bottom