• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The only good thief is a dead one IMO...Too bad he didn't have slugs loaded.

Williams was not arrested, and police planned on forwarding the case to the prosecutor for review on whether he acted within the law when he shot Locke.

+1 Muncie PD.

Hopefully the prosecutor is as reasonable as they were.

Dashman010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Downtown, Indy
    Seems culpable on my reading. Guy was shot in a vehicle driving (presumably) away. Not a forcible felony. Force wasn't used to prevent imminent bodily harm, simply to prevent a theft. Wasn't an occupied vehicle or dwelling. He better hope the prosecutor is nice.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Seems culpable on my reading. Guy was shot in a vehicle driving (presumably) away. Not a forcible felony. Force wasn't used to prevent imminent bodily harm, simply to prevent a theft. Wasn't an occupied vehicle or dwelling. He better hope the prosecutor is nice.

seems that way from reading the article. too bad this isn't texas. :D

who wants to bet the thief will probably sue the homeowner and win. :rolleyes::n00b:

KCJarman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Noblesville
    I say justified, but don't you think if you shot at someone stealing your scrap that you may want to call and report that.??!! Call me odd, but I would cover my bases before the law comes looking for ME.

KCJarman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Noblesville
    that's what liberty sanders thought :n00b:

Ok.... call me "NEW", but who is Liberty Sanders??:dunno:

LOL, ok, I found it..... I think I might have to rethink my original post. This situation is sticky. I guess I should have read the article a little closer, I assumed the guy with the shotgun was in danger.

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    he's an INGOer who is a former Cinci cop who lives in Carmel. He fired his pistol to scare off a neighbor's non-leashed, attacking dogs and was taken to court for discharging a firearm within city limits.

he called the police after it happened, but issued a summons anyways. luckily, the judge had a brain and ruled in his favor.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Situations like this are just proof that civilians need to be allowed to own bazookas. No evidence of a crime...

That said it sound like the thief got what he deserves. Too bad the farmer is going to catch hell over this

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I agree with dashman.

Unless the prosecutor decides to be really nice he could be in serious trouble.

No matter how we feel about thieves the law is VERY CLEAR.

You can't use deadly force unless you are under imminent threat of SBI or a forcible felony or your home/occupied car is being "attacked". None of those was the case here so -

Bad shoot.

You can't claim to be for "the rule of law" then cheer someone who acts outside of the law just because you don't like the other guy.

Top Bottom