• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone buy any of those canned bacon products like this?
    efa7_1_sbol.JPG

Taste? Issues with storage? Best price online for these items?

2010 Q1 I want to stock up on more meats for my SHTF food supply.
    Looking at cans of tuna, cans of chicken and bacon.

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd eat that. It's bacon in a can! It has to taste as good or better than Spam. Hell, put some can potatoes with it or some green beans and call it a day.

Post the linke to where you found this gem so the rest of us can partake. Don't bogart the bacon man.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I used to use it all the time before all the freeze dried stuff came out. Its good. Not sure about long shelf life, I just dont know. How does it compare to the shelf life of that precooked stuff? Its much lighter if you have to carry it

MOSSMIND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Bacon in a can seems like a great snack. I would have no issues eating it, its BACON after all!!!!!!

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Anyone buy any of those canned bacon products like this?
    efa7_1_sbol.JPG

Taste? Issues with storage? Best price online for these items?

2010 Q1 I want to stock up on more meats for my SHTF food supply.
    Looking at cans of tuna, cans of chicken and bacon.

Yes, I have purchased that exact product from MREDepot, the vendor at the top of the Google link you provided.

It tastes like any median bacon with nitrites...good stuff. The can has the equivalent of 2.5 to 3.5 lbs (pre-cooked) of cooked bacon (50 strips +/-). If you go to their site, they have lots of pictures from can to plate, showing you how it is packaged.

Shelf life should be equivalent to any other cooked 'n' canned meat. I haven't had it long enough to have direct experience with taste over time.

You can buy single cans to try it out, by the case to save some bucks. But, come on, bacon is like se... erm...pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good :D

I would also suggest also looking at the canned butter, canned cheese, and whole cooked chicken in a can. They also have B & M canned brown bread, which is pretty good stuff too. Check Amazon for a better price on the bread.

Another vendor from whom I have found the butter and cheese (they may have the bacon now, too) is ReadyDepot.com

Good luck and happy tasting/prepping :yesway:

Edit: Forgot to mention, MREDepot tends to have the best purchase price, but their shipping tends to be high. The meat products are manufactured in Ohio, shipped to them in CA, then shipped to you. I have been looking for a nearby vendor, but to no avail so far. If I ever bump into one, I'll be sure to post it. When I do, I expect reps. I mean, come on, it's bacon.

Top Bottom