NWI/ Crown Point
    facebook_1664504915jpg.jpg

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I had to check the price like 10 times. WOW! At first look I thought it was 12.49 per case of twelve and thought that was pretty good. But... per can? Plus 6 bucks for shipping? Not for me.
    I think there are much better alternatives. We used to buy canned bacon years ago at Kmart before all this prepping stuff was hip just because it was cheap and we were broke. I think it was like 2 bucks. Granted that was about 15 years ago.
    One more reason to save that money to buy a piece of ground and raise your own pigs, beef, chickens and other delicious critters.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was getting a couple of cases a year out of Canada from a dear friend that passed away a few years ago. I have forgotten the brand name and can not find it on line. This is spendy for sure but if it has some shelf life........:dunno:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    As of right now, this is the only manufacturer of canned bacon in the US.

They are based in Ohio, and sell their meats online (except the bacon...that's only in the factory store)...there is a thread here describing a road trip to the same...it has all the details...I'll try to find it.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I had to check the price like 10 times. WOW! At first look I thought it was 12.49 per case of twelve and thought that was pretty good. But... per can? Plus 6 bucks for shipping? Not for me.
    I think there are much better alternatives. We used to buy canned bacon years ago at Kmart before all this prepping stuff was hip just because it was cheap and we were broke. I think it was like 2 bucks. Granted that was about 15 years ago.
    One more reason to save that money to buy a piece of ground and raise your own pigs, beef, chickens and other delicious critters.

Ya, too rich for my blood. I am connected to a pork farmer or two, I do not have to live in such fear:D

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Actually, if you factor it out, it's pretty cheap. I used to buy the cheap bacon years ago myself, but it was uncooked.

This stuff is cooked and ready to go, fat has already been purged. You get about 40 or so pieces in a can so if you think about your cheap uncooked bacon at about 2-3 dollars or more for about 10 slices, comes out to the same or cheaper and you don't have to cook it. No mess.

We always keep several cases on hand, Kids love to just pop a few in the microwave for about 10 seconds and breakfast is ready, no mess or fuss. Great for camping too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Actually, if you factor it out, it's pretty cheap. I used to buy the cheap bacon years ago myself, but it was uncooked.

This stuff is cooked and ready to go, fat has already been purged. You get about 40 or so pieces in a can so if you think about your cheap uncooked bacon at about 2-3 dollars or more for about 10 slices, comes out to the same or cheaper and you don't have to cook it. No mess.

We always keep several cases on hand, Kids love to just pop a few in the microwave for about 10 seconds and breakfast is ready, no mess or fuss. Great for camping too.

Great analogy. It does put it perspective. It's on now.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Are you kidding me. Ive never heard about so much bacon until i joined this site. I like bacon and all, but why all the hype?

Top Bottom