• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    My current main rifle is a BCM and like everything else I would like to have a back up, I can't spend the same amount of money as I did with my main so the options I have so far are Palmetto premium carbine $700.00 or Colt 6920 $900.00. Both carbines would have almost the same features and will be irons only, witch one would be the best option?

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Have you considered the S&W M&P Sport II? I got one a while back, and have been singing its praises a lot around here. It is also by backup rifle, btw, but shoots like a dream.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have three PSA's. The money I saved not buying one of the big boys let me buy more things to strap to them as well as more ammo.

I have shot a couple BCMs and they are fine weapons. What I do with mine doesn't seem to justify the added money. If I found one for a great deal I would consider it... but I have yet to have any problems with my 'cheaper' rifles.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm one of those 1 is none and 2 is 1. But in all honesty with a solid and more than adequate weapon such as a BCM, the likelihood of it failing is slim to none. If it does, it will be a moving part. That being said, just buy an extra quality BCG, trigger and hammer spring, extra buffer and spring, and disco spring.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Thanks everyone for their input, I was able to buy a Palmetto midlength upper with FNH barrel, premium bolt carrier and lowe for under $500.00 (Wow). Like somebody mention I will buy some more ammo from the savings of the actual rifle.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Here's my plan: I like to have a backup to my backup, and then a backup to that, and maybe one to part out or use as a SHTF while SHTF backup. So, that's a Tavor, backed by a Spikes, backed up by several PSA premium rifles/builds. I had spare parts, such as a bolt/carrier, buffer tube, buffer, and LPK, but then realized I had nearly enough for another rifle. Why not just put all the spares together as a complete rifle? That way, when one breaks, in stead of stripping it down and replacing the parts, just grab a whole other rifle? That said, I'll probably pick up another BCG or two, for spares for the backups. Soooo, that's what I did. :abused:

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I built my own PSA a few months back. CHF CL FN barrel. Helluva rifle. My backup for that one is a Del Ton Sport.

Good idea on getting yourself a spare AR while you can. I'm not looking forward to the panic that will hit after the election.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I kinda am....If it happens I'll make out to be a cash cow

Yup. There's that part to think about, but I doubt there will be any sort of sunset provision if we see another AWB like we did with the last one. What you got, you got and there won't be no more.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Yup. There's that part to think about, but I doubt there will be any sort of sunset provision if we see another AWB like we did with the last one. What you got, you got and there won't be no more.

True, but can you imagine the scramble from those that don't have? .Gov will give a future effective date more than likely if it happens just like 41F

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Thanks everyone for their input, I was able to buy a Palmetto midlength upper with FNH barrel, premium bolt carrier and lowe for under $500.00 (Wow). Like somebody mention I will buy some more ammo from the savings of the actual rifle.

Good on ya man! That is a great deal! Shoot it and love it!

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Get an ak pistol for a backup then u r good to go. Lol
    ^I agree.

You shouldn't need a backup rifle, especially if your primary rifle is a good one. Branch out a little and get something that runs another caliber or a little different style of firearm. I love AK pistols because, really, it's a SBR and/or submachine gun. Perfect trunk gun or for clearing buildings or whatever and a good second option to hand to a friend if SHTF and you need another player on your team. I'd much rather have a precision bolt gun, nice HD shotgun, even a second carry pistol before I'd buy a backup rifle.

All that said, go with the Colt 6920. It's a fine carbine and you can't lose money.

Top Bottom