NWI, North of US-30
    Not sure if this link will work.
    American Handgunner May/June Digital Edition Ready To View

Otherwise use this one.
    Welcome to American Handgunner

American Handgunner’s
    May/June 2010 Online Edition
    Page 22

Has a good article on how a BG gets tazered, falls to the ground, pulls out his gun and shoots the first officer 5 times, while still on the ground shoots the 2nd officer. Both officer return fire but BG manages to not get hit and kills both LEO before leaving the area.

more to the story (have not finished reading it)

---
    I won't give away the ending but I am PISSED!!!!!

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    :wow: Condolences to the families of the heroes who didn't give up and fought to their last moments trying to bring the guy down. That BG was a first-class douche and I'm glad he's safely fertilizing a cemetery's lawn. Still, I have just a sliver of admiration for his fighting spirit. To take as much damage as he took, without drugs or alcohol (according to the article), and still carry out his purpose speaks of phenomenal strength of will, however misguided it may have been.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Good guys don't always win and that's a sucky reality to say the least. Prayers to the family and friends. And a special thanks to all the men in blue who do it every day.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Bubba the BG was mil (reserve) so looks like he learned to be "tough" while in the service.

The digital magazine near the back has a lessons learned article related to the shooting.

• Have a backup weapon as neither officer did and one of the officers was killed while attempting to reload his gun with one hand (other arm injured)
    • Practice loading firearm with single arm (both of them)
    • Distance is your friend in a firefight
    • Someone who is tazered can retaliate after the tazer is done
    • Body Armor does help

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    :wow: Condolences to the families of the heroes who didn't give up and fought to their last moments trying to bring the guy down. That BG was a first-class douche and I'm glad he's safely fertilizing a cemetery's lawn. Still, I have just a sliver of admiration for his fighting spirit. To take as much damage as he took, without drugs or alcohol (according to the article), and still carry out his purpose speaks of phenomenal strength of will, however misguided it may have been.

Well I must be weird because I don't have even the smallest sliver of admiration for the POS! Not one bit.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    As you wish. I can admire a gun, even if some hood rat used the same model to commit murder. I can admire a car, even if some drunk used the same model to cause a fatal accident. I have no sympathy at all for this guy's goals, which I can best describe using words like "fiendish" and "evil", but I can respect the tools he used to accomplish them. What if this guy weren't such a total waste of Oxygen? What if he had been a firefighter, taking massive injuries to rescue a little girl, or a LEO, taking a bullet while capturing a violent felon, or a soldier braving sniper fire to bring a fallen comrade to safety. There'd be tears in gruff men's eyes, and should the hero have died as a result of his actions, thousands would attend the funeral. I'm not saying we need to cheer for anyone in the OP except the LEOs that risked and gave their lives to see the POS put down, but I can appreciate the force of will it would take to keep going after all the damage the scumbag took.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think it is a good reminder that there is no magic bullet and even if you hit someone 10+ times that person may still function long enough to hurt and/or kill you. In essence you continue shooting until the threat is no more with whatever you have.

Top Bottom