Avon police chief removed from his duties and assistant chief resigned.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This story is hot off the press. Short on info, we'll have to wait and see. If I had to guess it's a political move by the town board and Bill Weems resigned in solidarity with Chief Miller. We shall find out sooner or later. I doubt it's over $250K in cash, that was the Sheriff's Dept.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Chiefs come and go...it's the ebb and flow of life on a police department. Sadly, they are usually political and rarely performance related.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Average length of service for a CoP in the US is 3.8 years. Its a political position, and is used as such.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    With the way the law works, why would anyone want to be a cop? You're constantly under the microscope and every decision you have to make in a nono-second, will be analyzed and gone over with a fine tooth comb, and many other options offered by someone that wasn't even there when the original decision was made. Cops have a hard job and the courts make it even harder. In the case of a Police Chief, there's a level of responsibility most don't even understand or know about. Most people think all a PC has to do is look important, but everything that happens, good or bad, in a department is the PC's responsibility.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    This story is hot off the press. Short on info, we'll have to wait and see. If I had to guess it's a political move by the town board and Bill Weems resigned in solidarity with Chief Miller. We shall find out sooner or later. I doubt it's over $250K in cash, that was the Sheriff's Dept.

Bill Weems resigned from his position as Asst. CoP, not the department. He will now be serving as a Lt.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Why would anyone want to be a cop?

That is an excellent question.
    bacon-donut.jpg

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Don't know any police dept. that hasn't gone thru moves like this and the person goes down in rank and keeps working within the dept.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Scandal in Avon?

What could a scandal in Avon look like? Non-premium coffee being served at his house? Chief not wearing bike safety helmet on Sunday?

I imagine if it was I would have heard about it considering Bill is my girlfriend's family member.

Unless I'm secretely in on it, then where is my split of this 250k... :rolleyes:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    With the way the law works, why would anyone want to be a cop? You're constantly under the microscope and every decision you have to make in a nono-second, will be analyzed and gone over with a fine tooth comb, and many other options offered by someone that wasn't even there when the original decision was made. Cops have a hard job and the courts make it even harder. In the case of a Police Chief, there's a level of responsibility most don't even understand or know about. Most people think all a PC has to do is look important, but everything that happens, good or bad, in a department is the PC's responsibility.

Somebody has to do it, I'm good at it, and I know that what I do makes a difference. It has some of the positive aspects of the military but without lengthy deployments away from your family. It takes a toll on your health and wellbeing, but to compensate for that (like the military) you can retire earlier than most other jobs. I never have to be the guy who says "someone should take care of that" because I can be that guy.

Its the greatest suckiest job on the planet, sometimes in the same day.

Top Bottom