• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    I sold a Colt M16A1 to a dealer at the Knob Creek MG Shoot in April , sent the transfer papers in the following Monday and as of 7/25/16 have not received the transfer papers from the ATF. Is there anyone that I can call to find out what's going on ,or is it a waste of time? Do I let the bear sleep or poke him with a stick . 21 Years ago when I bought the gun the transfer took 3 months, it's approaching 4 months on this one. Any advice ?:ar15:8/16/16 5 months and still waiting .

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I sold a Colt M16A1 to a dealer at the Knob Creek MG Shoot in April , sent the transfer papers in the following Monday and as of 7/25/16 have not received the transfer papers from the ATF. Is there anyone that I can call to find out what's going on ,or is it a waste of time? Do I let the bear sleep or poke him with a stick . 21 Years ago when I bought the gun the transfer took 3 months, it's approaching 4 months on this one. Any advice ?:ar15:

Prior to the huge influx due to 41P, paper forms were taking 4 or 5 months. Now, it's anyone's guess as to how long it will take, since the ATF was deluged with applications. I submitted forms in Februrary and have had no hint of getting my stamps anytime soon and I've heard they have just started entering in forms submitted in March into their system (not approving, just doing the initial data entry).

Sad to say, but you should buckle in for a long, long wait.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Prior to the huge influx due to 41P, paper forms were taking 4 or 5 months. Now, it's anyone's guess as to how long it will take, since the ATF was deluged with applications. I submitted forms in Februrary and have had no hint of getting my stamps anytime soon and I've heard they have just started entering in forms submitted in March into their system (not approving, just doing the initial data entry).

Sad to say, but you should buckle in for a long, long wait.

I would say it will be awhile. I don't even like to think about all of the forms I sent off a few weeks back. I'm hoping to see that junk by this time next year haha

I mailed a form 1 that was cashed but none of the form 4's I've sent anywhere in July have been.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I would say it will be awhile. I don't even like to think about all of the forms I sent off a few weeks back. I'm hoping to see that junk by this time next year haha

I mailed a form 1 that was cashed but none of the form 4's I've sent anywhere in July have been.

Yeah I sent two paper Form 1s on the 12th and I don't expect to see those until Spring 2017 at the earliest. Oh well, gives me time to get the build ready.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Are these turnaround times mainly for an individual? I heard the times were different for an individual vs a trust but wanted to hear if that was true firsthand.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    A618A1E3-E43E-48D3-9FC6-63C328A751A5_zpsrh7wzir6.jpg

Top Bottom