• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Patriots in Ft Wayne are is asking for our help this Saturday, August 8. They are organizing a counter-protest against ACORN. The ACORN event is being held at the Allen County Courthouse in Fort Wayne at 10 a.m. EDT

We are meeting at Friemann Square which is across the intersection from the Courthouse just to the North East. There is a parking garage just North of the Courthouse and easily within walking distance (see attached). Our plan is to meet at Friemann at 9:12am (cute, 'eh?) to pray and lay down some ground rules for avoiding bitter confrontation. Please wear shirts that are either red, white or blue. We will then all cross the street together in unity.

The address to Friemann Square is: 200 E Main St, Fort Wayne, IN 46802.

HR 3200 must be stopped!

Bring signs - Click here for suggestions for health care protest signs. If you have any questions, please email Jon at jnorthup@truevine.net.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I caution everyone... the thugs are out across the country.

If you got to one of these events and carry, I suggest it be a video camera.

We used vid cams to good effect Wednesday in Wakarusa.

When someone gets belligerent on either side, get a camera on them... knowing that they will be on YouTube later usually calms them down.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I caution everyone... the thugs are out across the country.

If you got to one of these events and carry, I suggest it be a video camera.

We used vid cams to good effect Wednesday in Wakarusa.

When someone gets belligerent on either side, get a camera on them... knowing that they will be on YouTube later usually calms them down.

Although I understand your sentiment, I'd like to hear some more opinions on this thought, specifically.

Personally, I don't understand why I should leave my sidearm at home? IF something were to go awry downtown, how would I feel after the fact, knowing that I'd left my sidearm on the side table? Should I just throw my little pink card at them if I'm attacked and it escalates to a life/death situation? After all, didn't Barry say,

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Friday night.
    By no means do I advocate initiating any sort of violent or physical altercation. These rally's are a Constitutional exercise of peaceful assembly. However, Fort Wayne is connected to Chicago, Detroit, Toledo, and Indianapolis by direct highway access. It's no secret that liberals will bus activists around the country from city to city creating the illusion of local sentiment for the local media to display. I've carried at every Tea Party or political rally that I've attended thus far, and I will continue to do so for each day that my lifetime carry license if valid. I accepted the personal responsibility to carry a firearm and conduct myself in a manner of professionalism with respect to Constitutional law.

Although I respect your desire to create an atmosphere of perceived peace, I will peacefully photograph the events of a political rally in these historic times, and I'll raise my voice in dissent.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Take a camera... if you want to carry something else, that's your right.

the absolute last thing we want is any violence from anyone. A camera is a big deterrent to that early on with political mobs. They've invested a lot of time into showing us as a violent mob. They need to make us mad enough to do something they can splash all over the media.

And you won't make as much of a splash on national medial by pointing your camera at someone.

God forbid that these protests get to the point you have to point anything other than a camera at the other side.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You draw, you lose.

If you lose, your entire side loses.

If you carry, leave your ego & attitude at home. You wanna bump chests, yell, & get in people's faces, leave the firearm at home.

Please, don't go full retard.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    the 50 million unisured they keep touting includes at least 9 million illegal immigrants, and several million young workers who decline health benefits and take their chances to save money. I wish more people understood that.

Great job to those who went and supported this counter-protest!

Top Bottom