Auctioning guns at a benefit hog roast- legal??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redsuperduty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    New Paris - Northern
    One of my employee's has a 12 year old son that was a burn victim last month, he underwent skin graphs and a lot of bad stuff. We are having a hog roast benefit with a live auction in a few weeks to help pay the bills.
    The auction currently is for new & used tools, clothing, electronics, etc... donated by local stores and businesses or friends.
    I was thinking of donating a gun or two for the auction, but wonder if the liability or any laws would make that a bad idea? All proceeds go to the family, no profits will be made from any item sold.
    By the way, your all invited either way!!
    It's in Elkhart county.
    Thanks, Tim.

trevorjonesbenefitposter.jpg

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    When we had an auction house here in Crawfordsville the auctioneer would read the questions off the (yellow) 4473 one at a time. "If you have been convicted of a felony don't bid on the guns. If you.... etc. If you are a fugitive from justice always got a big laugh. Nothing wrong with auctioning them but make darn sure the bidders know they have to receive them at the gun shop. It might be a good idea to have a plan in place in case a high bidder gets turned down by NICS.

Best wishes on Trevor's speed recovery.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    I agree, I'm hoping my local dealer will come to the event anyways.

Talk him into it ! there was bennifit here loccaly and a shop owner donated a gun and his time to transfer 3 donated guns (Raffles) and he has told me a lot of people have came in and made comment heard about your shop at the bennifit and wanted to check it out?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There's also usually the sticky wicket of having an "auction license"... Special permitting and crap like that.

It was bandied about several months ago about some kind of INGO-sponsored auction. I think the idea was ixnayed due to permitting / licensing / crap.

-J-

Top Bottom