• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven

Some place wants ideas on what to do with it, they want to make a sportsball complex out of it.
    Here is my idea, let's keep it an auto auction park. The countless millions spent there, the revenue created, the classic cars and the history they represent. The countless fathers and sons who bought a project there and spent a life time connected to each other because of a hands on project.
    But the current idea is a sports complex, why do we really need another to worship the sports ball? Another place to dumb down our minds? Another place to kick the ball? Another place to promote "I kick the ball"

Give me your thoughts?

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I worked up there for years helping put on car shows and assisting with the festival parade, its a shame what Kruse did to that place. At one point they were hoping to put in a dragstrip.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    They’ve not held auctions there for a while. The labor day auction is now being done by worldwide auctioneers and they’re in Kruze Plaza on the other side of I-69.

So a sports ball complex that actually gets used and brings in revenue sounds better than an old auction park that just sits and is no longer utilized :dunno:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I am all for creating opportunities for ways to get kids off the couch and computer and outdoors engaging in physical activity, team building, developing character, and learning life lessons they can take with them forever.

My kids have learned more about life (positive AND negative) playing sports in school than they would have holding a flashlight for me as I swear and gradually lose interest in a money pit in the garage, nevermind I don't have the time or inclination to take on something like that. If that is something someone IS inclined to take on, there are more sources available to the public than ever before to find a hooptie.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I worked up there for years helping put on car shows and assisting with the festival parade, its a shame what Kruse did to that place. At one point they were hoping to put in a dragstrip.
    No one drag races anymore, they'd rather take a small car and driving in circles, smoking the tires, some skill involved, but nothing like launching off the line and trying not to miss a shift....oh yeah, because kids these days can't drive a manual shift....I was looking at a car the other day, and showed my son, and he said "who wants a stick shift?" I thought I raised him better.......

Top Bottom