• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I recently acquired a 2001 Arctic Cat 250 2wd model. The front pads were shot so I replaced them. The rear pads are okay but they need adjusting bad. When you step on the pedal to activate the back bakes there is nothing going on. The rear brakes are mechanical and are activated by a cable like a bicycle. I've looked in my owners manual but haven't found anything on how to actually properly adjust the rear brakes. Do I adjust them at the brake pedal or do I adjust them where the cable goes into the brake assembly?

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I would think that the rear brakes should be adjust outside of the brake assembly. However if you can't find anything by tracing the cable back from the foot pedal assembly then you will have to adjust them internally I would guess.

Anywhere around NWI you know of to go riding? Going to head to the Badlands this summer and take my son. Went last year but hadn't been there in 10+ years in the Jeep and never with the quads so was an exploratory trip. Can't wait to go back.

Wdsman11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Mine is 4wd model of the same year. there is an adjustment where the cable assembly goes into the holder near the foot brake. It is a little hidden by the plastic Let me know if you need more info.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Anywhere around NWI you know of to go riding? Going to head to the Badlands this summer and take my son. Went last year but hadn't been there in 10+ years in the Jeep and never with the quads so was an exploratory trip. Can't wait to go back.

They have trails at Waveland Lake campground that are pretty nice. The campground is about 11 miles from the entrance of Turkey Run. It is really reasonable to camp there primitive is like $12 a night, and if you like to fish they have a nice lake as well

OneEye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Nashville, IN
    I just did some research on your model and the brake cable on the microfiche shows two adjustments. You should adjust closest to the caliper first.
    I found a manual that you can download but im not sure if its free or not. some of the things on the website are pay and some are free with download of there pdf viewer.

Arctic Cat Atv Service Manual Download - PDF

If you have any other questions PM me. I was a motorcycle mechanic before i started in EMS

I found a micro fiche at:

Brown's Leisure World - Arctic Cat Parts Online

just click on your model and a fich shall appear. lol

Top Bottom